No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
59 results in 0.0271 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Yeah there's over 500 on the wheel right now. They've got work but only the golden 500 are getting it. Kinda tough right now for everybody to keep busy, union or not.

Rig Hand, what's going on in Nevada? The 16" I knew of was put off last fall for 18 mths.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bareback Jack
    replied to Branding Irons
    Freeze branding is basically the same as hot branding but instead of heating the irons, you super cool them. Instead of burning the hair and hide, it freezes the pigment folicles in the hair but not the growth folicles. So unlike a hot brand you get white hairs in the shape of your brand. This is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bareback Jack
    replied to Branding Irons
    Did you notch out the corners to prevent blotching? How about the freeze brands, stainless or carbon?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bareback Jack
    started a topic Branding Irons

Branding Irons

Ok fella's, who can give me some tips for making up some sets of branding irons (hot irons). I need a full set of numbers and letters as well as a couple custom irons. I've never made any irons before but I know a few of you have. What are the do's and don'ts? Thanks guys.

Oh, btw,...
    See more | Go to post

• Bareback Jack
    replied to welding hardfacing rod
    Yeah, J has it right. There are hundreds of hardfacing rods out there with distinct applications. It should actually say on the packaging how to apply. If it doesn't, ask for a spec sheet on that exact rod from your LWS.

Check out Lincoln's site and look at the educational materials...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bareback Jack
    replied to Welding Test Help
    Rad, don't worry about the long post or asking so many questions, thats what this site is all about.

I'm a pipeliner so I'll leave the FCAW questions to the other guys. I will lend you some advice on testing. I have to test every job I go to, and sometimes that's every couple of weeks...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bretsk2500, my spray gun runs 15cfm at 100 psi. just to lot you know.

BC, I'm on board with you. Why don't yall just plug in a compressor to your current TB? The current model provides plenty of power for a good size compressor, and it won't cost 5 grand more.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bareback Jack
    replied to pipe welders/fitters
    You can't really go wrong with wobbler nuts. I've got a set from Flange Wizzard and I've been happy with them. Just a pointer, if you get a set with a bubble in them, don't trust it...that's all I'll say!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bareback Jack
    replied to How do I find this Union?
    Thanks fellas. I called today, but nobody home. I'll try again on monday. You say they've got some work? Thats what I'm looking for. Any more help would be great. Thanks again fellas.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bareback Jack
    I looked at the link you gave me for the 597....I don't know, maybe that's it. I got a few numbers off the site and I'll give them a try. Thanks for the link.

I'm not in a union currently so...yeah, can't do that IW.

Anyone else have any ideas?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bareback Jack
    It was not the 798. When he said he was in the union that's what I thought too, but he said no, it was the 5........ out of ............. I've tried google'ing it, but I get nothing usefull.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bareback Jack
    started a topic How do I find this Union?

How do I find this Union?

I was driving through Chicago a couple weeks ago in the midle of the night and I saw all kinds of x-ray trucks at the hotels. I didn't really know there was much work there, but there sure were allot of trucks. I was dozing off (actually I was driving for an unknown amount of time with my chin on...
    See more | Go to post

• Bareback Jack
    replied to New to SMAW
    Hey Slick, I would agree that the dial may not be accurate. That's ok though, if it's too hot, turn it down, if its cold turn it up.

You do need to clean up the joint by at least grinding off the slag from the cut. If you have an 1/8" gap then you're going to have issues with...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bareback Jack
    replied to Alberta rigs
    Hey dan, that's funny, I'm in Wellington right now. I'm working on my bed here in town. Yeah, I ride bareback. That's why I came west from TN. I was starting my run for the NFR this past year when I reinjured myself and I'll be needing surgury within the next few months. Not going to buy my card...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bareback Jack
    replied to New to SMAW
    ok,ok. I didn't see the word "some" on that first post. But generally LH is great vertical up.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X