Search Result

Collapse
12 results in 0.0120 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• TimS
    replied to Welding Table Top - thickness??
    Jim, thanks for the pics. Your table is a lot more heavy duty than I have room for, but I bet I could build a folding frame, with the outside of the top being made of angle iron, open side of the angle facing up and in. Then I could use some type of slat arrangement on the top, possibly bolted in...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TimS
    replied to Welding Table Top - thickness??
    Had not thought about such a table - not a bad idea at all though. I will try to locate some examples. Got any favorites?

Tim
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by TimS; 07-22-2008, 11:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TimS
    started a topic Welding Table Top - thickness??

Welding Table Top - thickness??

I know, thicker is better - I drool at some of the big plates people have used. But I'm just a garage welder, so I'll be making a folding table using some off-the-shelf legs and a top with angle iron braces. With the angle iron, warping shouldn't be a problem, so I would like to keep the plate as...
    See more | Go to post

• TimS
    replied to the best one
    What process?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TimS
    replied to Argon cylinder
    Thanks - those comments make sense. One of the good things about mounting the cylinder horizontally is that I could build a guard around the reg, protecting it from getting whacked. I see a lot of small carts with the cylinder chained to the cart, but nothing keeps the whole thing from going over...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TimS
    started a topic Argon cylinder

Argon cylinder

Warning - potentially silly question ahead!

Are there any problems with mounting an argon cylinder horizontally? I am considering building a small cart, and would like to make it as small and stable as possible so I am wondering if anything bad would occur if I mounted the cylinder flat...
    See more | Go to post

• TimS
    replied to New Truck Rack design
    This is probably overly fussy, but I'd rather see the side posts carried higher, so the crossbar can weld directly to them. This keeps fewer parts and welds involved in the critical structure. The side post extension, which would then be non-structural, could be welded on later. You've used a gusset,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TimS
    replied to favorite tools
    Porter Cable Cordless Drill

I've got a couple of old-style 12V PC cordless drills that I got back in 1990, when cordless was new. One of them dropped 8 feet to a concrete floor the first week I had it, with no apparent effect. I wish someone still made that style - the newer "T-handle"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TimS
    replied to Anyone Have Srap Pieces To Spare
    With the price of scrap these days, they don't let people dive the dumpster anymore - at least not where I live.

Tim
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TimS
    replied to DVI being discontinued??
    Mac, I can understand your point, as most hybrid machines are a compromise and don't do anything well. But having gone through the math, the DVI sits just about exactly midway between the 180 and 210 in terms of both power output and cost. Instead of being a compromise, the DVI running on 230 is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TimS
    replied to DVI being discontinued??
    Phew - thanks, Mr. Admin!

Tim
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TimS
    started a topic DVI being discontinued??

DVI being discontinued??

I notice that the DVI is no longer showing up on the MIG products listing, and if you click through the product index to the product page, it shows a list price of 0$ (wish it were so). Anyone know if the product is being discontinued? I was considering buying one, and if it's going away I'll need...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X