Search Result

Collapse
15 results in 0.0058 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• $145 + shipping
    One of the velcro straps has a melted place where it was laid down on a hot piece. The unit is only about two months old and still under warranty. Still have the box for it. PM me if you want it
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have a lightly used one set up for a DX300 (14 pin) for sale if you want a used one. It came from Arc-Zone and has about 50 hours use. It is just like the one pictured above.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    replied to destructive testing pics
    classic example...

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    The first testing was done with the tubes at 45°, where the second round of tests were done at 90°. What I am finding is the breaking point is roughly the same, but the amount of heat involved tends to determine how much distortion or deflection takes place before breaking. I have always thought that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    No, just a big jump with the tig torch. I am trying to duplicate some of the welds I am seeing on chassis nowadays, and see for myself which has more structural integrity by destroying parts, wasting time and materials...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    replied to tube grinder
    Yes, I haven"t made them yet, but it will be a quick change for 4 different size front rollers.

I didn't want a rest for vise. It is much faster to freehand the contour....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    replied to tube grinder
    ready to rock...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    Another test with different settings and technique...

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    replied to tube grinder
    Between sketching up a basic plan, rounding up parts and building, probably 20 hours. I had to get a bigger, faster motor. Wound up with a 1 1/2 HP 3600 RPM. The machine is a huge timesaver for us. There are smaller versions available similar to this, but all use a 2" wide belt. This has a 4"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    replied to tube grinder
    They were turned with a crown to the middle so the belt would track right. The middle roller is on a spring loaded arm that makes changing belts easy. I get good life out of a belt, really surprised at how well they hold up.
    Thanks for the compliments, I will post some pics after painting....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    started a topic tube grinder

tube grinder

I needed something to notch tubes that were hard to hold in a vise. The commercial tube grinders run from 3K up!!! Looked thru the scrap pile, ordered some bearings and pulleys, and slapped this together. It is a real timesaver and will get a paint job soon...

See more | Go to post

• SNAFU
    replied to Boots
    These are some weird lookin shoes, but they are the thing if you have to stand/walk on concrete all day.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    I have tried the test with about a dozen different pieces now, using different amp settings, argon flow rates, preheat, rate of travel, size of fillets, etc. All with the same result. The welds pictured are with ER70S-6, but test pieces done with ER80S-D2 break in the exact location, and all at or around...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    replied to Incorporating
    Only if you show a profit... ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    started a topic destructive testing pics

destructive testing pics

just out of curiosity, I welded some scrap 4130 tubing and put it in a hydraulic press to see what the breaking point was, and where it would break...

interesting results, thought I would share......
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X