18 results in 0.0074 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• 4given
    replied to Moving sprig-pads on a rear axle
    Thanks

Thanks that is what I was thinking was to just weld it with my 252, the guy at the welding shop sold him some hi-nickle rods $45 a lb. He is already talking about getting a spare rear end so it would not be a big loss to finish this one off. I figure as much HP as he has that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 4given
    Axle

Yes I believe they are but he broke those welds loose and spun the pinion yoke upwards. Now the $64,000 question is now that the yoke has been pulled back down to near OEM how much of the radius on the tube should be welded back to possibly prevent this from happening...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 4given
    Axle Housing Weld

I have a little twist on this thread. My friend put a F350 rear axle in his diesel pulling truck. He just missed a full pull by 4 feet. He was coming in stock and beat all the local pros and semi pros.

Anyway he spun the differential housing upwards....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Aluminum Head

Good luck I use a 30A spoolgun on my MM252 and I don't think I would try that on that thin of a water jacket, but that's just me. In a case like that I use time weighted average. Is it worth my time to go through everything I would have to do to remove that head and replace...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Framed

It can be fixed. But I agree with other posters these welds look like poop. I would take it to a body shop that is capable of and or specializes in frame repair. I would file a lawsuit in small claims court and contact the NTSB and BBB and report them to both...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Transformers = Bad Idea

In the interest of life safety you should scrap them. Transformers are either step up or step down voltage depending on the windings and configuration. They are design specific. I have a much longer real life story about 480v street lights from when I worked...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Elite lenses

Nah I was hoping since I'm such a loyal Miller customer they would send me a coupon towards my next Elite lens purchase. Heck I have the MM252, MM135, Syncrowave, and now 4 Miller auto darkening lenses, (only one actually works).

I love their...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Answer to your question

From your 350P handbook

230V 3PH at 60% duty cycle
    30 Amps rated input
    Breaker normal 35 Amp
    Time delay 45 Amp
    Minimum conductor size 10 ga.
    maximum conductor length 114ft.
    minimum ground conductor...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by 4given; 04-30-2015, 09:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• What is the amp draw at 100% duty cycle?

What is the amp Draw at 100% duty cycle. Using three phase power will allow you to use smaller conductors for the Line to Load conductors than in single phase.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Maybe?

I'm just a newbie so I'm not a pro but did you try preheating the manifold especially the holes your filling in? I did a little 3 corner rock hole in a four wheeler differential I had to get all the saturated gear oil out of the cast aluminum near the weld. I preheated it and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Miller Elite and Miller Digital Elite Welding Helmets

Anybody else having troubles with these lenses? I love the way they work when they work. I'm on my fourth set, the first three made it just past the warranty lifetime. What are they programmed to fail?

I was going to buy the Speedglass this time but I looked in the shop and I got two...
    See more | Go to post

• 4given
    replied to Millermatic Drive Rollers
    Thanks

Thanks guys! I think I figured out the problem had too many curves in the 15ft lead/liner. Too many trips under this bar and over that one. I noticed I don't seem to have that problem with my MM135 with flux wire but it has knurled rollers. It's good for the light travel stuff...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 4given
    replied to question on welding table
    Casters

Use the heavy duty metal casters the hot slag drips, hot steel cutoffs will melt the rubber wheels or catch them on fire.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 4given
    started a topic Millermatic Drive Rollers

Millermatic Drive Rollers

Will it make a difference if I use the knurled flux core rollers with solid wire on my 252? I was having some wire feed problems with a 44lb spool I replaced the tip and the liner is new. I think the problem was actually the 15ft lead used close to the machine with a partial loop in it.
    See more | Go to post

• Auto Darkening Helmet

I hope they last longer than my Miller Elites and my Digital Elites did. The first one I bought was the Joker Elite it lasted just longer than the warranty. So like a loyal Miller customer I bought another Joker Elite I think the joke was on me because it also...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X