Collapse
24 results in 0.0458 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• dulle1999
    replied to miller big40
    I had a similar problem with mine. I replaced both resistors after testing them and it still works great. One is behind the faceplate on the right hand side and the other is mounted on the frame between the engine and generator on the left hand side. I don’t remember the wire numbers but when I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I found the problem RC24 came unplugged on PC 1. It’s working good again Thanks
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• All I’ve done is plug a grinder into it and hook up welding leads. When I start it, I tried to get it to arc and it does nothing but it will run a grinder for a few seconds. The display works perfect, I can adjust amperage. I initially thought to check rpms with the machine. It high speeds at...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Miller 302 trailblazer power problems

My 302 trailblazer is producing 120v power for a couple seconds at startup. I tried checking rpms and they will not adjust on the machine display. I adjust the idle and the numbers stay the same. All display lights work. I couldn’t get it to strike an arc even when I have 120v....
    See more | Go to post

• What I was getting at was he needs 20 horse to power the 19 gpm pump. With the converter, he has roughly 13 horse, not enough. He will either have to downsize the pump, which will slow the shear considerably, upsize the motor, which will probably require a different converter, or get true 3 phase,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dulle1999
    replied to MerryChristmas
    Again THANKS to all who have kept my stuff working and 1 thing I can promise there will be more questions from me next year.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That's what i was wondering if he wasn't getting the rpms high enough with the converter. With a converter you typically lose 1/3 the rated horse, might be lugging and not able to build the correct pressure. Is a used VFD an option. You can buy one that is single phase input and puts out 3 phase....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dulle1999
    replied to Felt wire-wipers
    I got away from the felt liners and lube also. It builds up the inlet guides and even gets in the liner. In short circuit (lower wire speeds) its not a big issue, but in spray it will build up enough to cause the wire to chatter. Causing more burnt tips. The foam earplugs sound like a great ide...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I believe its the rebar. Rebar is not the best steel to weld with a mig. The metal spatters and spits alot and that is what is sticking to your tip. I would clean the weld joints the best you can and live with it or stick weld them.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dulle1999
    replied to 1/16 flux core
    35 cfh. The voltage sounds good but the wire speed seems low for 1/16th wire. If I remember correctly I use to run around 300 flat, horizontal, and would cut it back to around 275 for vertical. We used E71T1 with a 75/25 shield. I personally liked the .045 over the 1/16th.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have passed this test in AWS and ASME. The only difference was the gas mixture. We used 50/50. Believe it or not the easiest way for me to pass it was to weave the cover. I vertical up the root at roughly 17 volts and 180 IPM wire. For the rest 19 volts and 200 IPM. 1/16th gap no face. Hope...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dulle1999
    replied to pin hole problems
    at 26 volts with 045 you should be at 325-350 ipm. I would kick the machine up to 27 volts and use pure argon. When set up correctly and your speed is good it will be very quiet and no spatter at all.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dulle1999
    started a topic pulse mig aluminum

pulse mig aluminum

I have a XR-A and was planning on using my pulstar 450. My question is does it have the capability at 60 or 120 pps to do a good job on aluminum. I use .035 wire and I have not tried it yet or had the need to try it yet, but I figured I would ask people that know and do this on a regular basis to...
    See more | Go to post

• dulle1999
    replied to pipe root pass need help
    Get that rod in there and burn at comfortable amperage. Practice Practice Practice. The best tip I can give is get that rod in there as close as possible without it sticking. The closer you keep it the cooler and narrower the bead. The more stickout the wider and hotter the bead. Practice on keeping...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• You need a bigger machine. 1/2" takes a 300 amp machine. I personally would mig weld it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X