43 results in 0.0054 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• tbert
    replied to Sync 250 issue - KA755791
    #77 White wire mystery solved!

I keep reading all I can to familiarize myself w/ this machine, since time and circumstance haven't allowed me to get out to use it. By accident, I just stumbled on the answer as to what effect the #77 wire has on these Sync 250's.

[I apologize...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbert
    Have you guys had any problems or issues with your older Sync 250's? Do you use them constantly?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbert
    Thanks Burt,

I hope it doesn't come to that. No offense. I am hoping that these machines tho old are tough, and that there is nothing really wrong with it. The little capacitor came in today, so I first need to replace that over the weekend. The wire number 77 problem I fixed initially,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbert
    Wow how cool is that!… I wake up this morning to a call from my LW S asking for my email information, and they forwarded me the service manuals for all four of my Miller machines for free! Awesome, no excuses now for being clueless ha ha Ha

(yeah right… Just like having a welding...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbert
    Machine- front syncro wave 250 - circa 1990

Lower half of same ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbert
    OK, so - the LWS says that Miller is emailing the Service Manuals I requested for my machines to their LWS office and should be available for me to pick up mid-morning tomorrow,...saga continues there.

Yes, you're right - those schematics are tough to follow in the Owner's Manual...especially...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbert
    ok, got denied at the 866-931-9732 Miller number. They state they can only send Service Manuals to LWS, and that I need to contact one of those...sigh, ok - my next mission...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbert
    Thanks!!

See?!… That's what I'm talking about!

Those are the type of descriptive pictures that I wish I was privy to all along! Even if they were a pay-per-view type of arrangement it would still be so worth it.

Bodybagger, do you have any thoughts as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbert
    I'm going to give Miller a call tomorrow, I'm hoping they have better schematics for this machine...the few different versions that are included in the Owner's Manual are pretty poor reading. Do you think they will? I would pay, no problem! I usually buy the Factory Service Manuals for my vehicles because...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbert
    Here's what I think I'm learning...

The capacitor is there as a type of spark arrestor of sorts...it seems likely that the Polarity switch was probably thrown during welding (big no-no, now i know why!) and the result was this capacitor exploding.

The other issue of the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbert
    Yes, i have tried...it is extremely hard to follow. It isn't something that i am familiar with.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbert
    Fyi - the Purchase;

Sync250 w/ air-cooled tig torch, foot pedal, over '100 of stick leads, '98 of 6/4 SOW power cord = $750

It stick welded way better than my Linc AC/DC 225, so I took the gamble. Seller had sent previous overall pics w/ all the sheetmetal removed, so i...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbert
    "Sounds like you need to get this to a qualified repair technician. They may be small parts, but they are there for a purpose and the failure could lead to catastrophic failure... Get it properly repaired!"

Um - this IS the Miller Forum, isn't it? The only reason I am here is...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by tbert; 10-04-2014, 01:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tbert
    Thank you for replying. I don't understand what purpose these serve in the machine, tho?

Are they inter-connected? Did one cause the other to fail? Are they two completely seperate issues, wire #177 & this Disc? What is their function? What do they operate, i.e. What/where do i check?...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by tbert; 10-04-2014, 10:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tbert
    started a topic Sync 250 issue - KA755791

Sync 250 issue - KA755791

Hi folks, I am a lurker here, and a welding hobbyist… I just purchased a used Synchro wave 250 Ser KA755791. It stick welded fine prior to purchase. I pulled it apart when I got home and I noticed these two obvious issues

A broken #177 white wire back near the fan that looks like...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by tbert; 10-04-2014, 10:35 AM.
Working...
X