Collapse
310 results in 0.1432 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• dondlhmn
    replied to You might be a weldor if....
    Yeah...Wife, so no girlfriend here (at least that's what I tell my wife), but I can't go ANYWHERE without looking at welds...Big truck and trailer beside me at the stop light, the rails in the stairwells anywhere/everywhere I go, the metal chairs in a restaurant.....MAN, I've just GOTTA LOOK!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dondlhmn
    started a topic Protection for 375 Xtreme plasma

Protection for 375 Xtreme plasma

I didn't like the plastic box that Miller makes, but I wanted to keep the little plasma cutter portable,complete/ready to use and give the machine (especially the filter on the back) some decent protection.. The "cage" is made from small square tubing, the cables are all held by Velcro cable...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by dondlhmn; 12-15-2016, 09:30 AM.

• I have thought about both ways...raw stock and a kit. I Do like the kits for a couple of reasons....as you said, they are already all cut and fit nicely, PLUS I could easily make some "customizations" to suit my tastes/needs. If I were to make one out of raw stock, it would be somewhat cheaper,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• FORD truck bumper ideas/build pictures?

I'm thinking seriously about building a front and a rear bumper for my F250 SuperDuty Ford and would like to see an ideas/pictures/plans/templates anyone has. I looked at the "PROJECTS" part of this forum and didn't see any, but I just KNOW that some of you guys MUST have done a bumper or...
    See more | Go to post

• dondlhmn
    replied to Scoring Points With Wifey
    My wife is always asking me to make or fix SOMETHING. My reply is usually "Well, yes, but I'm gonna need a to buy an "XXX tool." or some kind of machine. She usually asks how much for the tool and how much to replace/buy the item in question......It is usually a wash or a BIG savings...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dondlhmn
    replied to What PLASMA CUTTER to buy?
    I have run onto a new Miller 375 Extreme that was in a storage unit bought by a "speculator: like new for a VERY good price and it sounds like I may go for it after looking at it and checkin gout the serial number to be sure there is no "funny stuff" associated with it. I see that you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dondlhmn
    started a topic What PLASMA CUTTER to buy?

What PLASMA CUTTER to buy?

I know plasma cutters aren't exactly WELDING...but they are part of the tools/equipment you need and, yeah...this MAY have been covered here somewhere before, but things DO change...So, here's the question: For use around the HOME SHOP for general cutting duties (NOT PRODUCTION or full time use), but...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by dondlhmn; 12-10-2016, 09:17 AM.

• I had a gas issue with my machine...everything seemed to check out OK, but it turned out to be a not very significant looking kink in the line right where it leaves the machine. Didn't look like much, but then it didn't take much to block off the gas flow. Other than that, I can be of no help what with...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks for all the help, guys...but I have decided to NOT do the deal as the scam alert bells are ringing WAY TOO LOUDLY in my head. Having the scam alerts going off has caused me to call Miller to check out the serial number, to talk to the dealer that sold it, to talk to Ebay and etc. and the alarms...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• OK..thanks for the inputs...I am looking at a Bobcat that is a steal of a deal, but I still have to check with Miller to get a serial number check to be sure it is legit. The deal is good enough (maybe TOO good....but I hope not!) to make me want to be SURE it is legit for this late model EFI 250 Bobcat....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks...yeah, I do already own the 211 and love it...works real good on the 215/230 so i'm wondering about using it on the bobcat as the plugs are (IIRC) the same so the 211 would just plug right in.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Using Bobcat to power a Miller 211 for MIG?

This may have been covered here somewhere before, but if so I can't find it......I'm kind of curious to see if anyone has used the EFI 250 gas engine Bobcat to power their Miller 211 on 240V to do MIG welding rather than screwing around with suitcase wire feeders and etc. as that seems to be the easiest...
    See more | Go to post

• dondlhmn
    replied to Tig Welding Cylinder Heads
    All this back and forth is just time wasting. The guy asking the question really doesn't have any room to nay-say the guys that give advice....after all he DID ask and he should not get his shorts all in a bunch over the answers. I can understand both ways....a LOT of cylinder heads have been welded...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dondlhmn
    replied to Larger bottle for TIG or MIG?
    (1) I tend to get and use the biggest bottles that are practical for pretty much any process/machine because buying gas in larger quantities is most generally cheaper.

(2) I keep a smaller tank of gas used when I need to back-gas something like stainless tubing and a few other tanks of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dondlhmn
    replied to Do you always notice welds?
    Yeah...it doesn't matter what you do...weld, build cabinets, lay tile...whatever. You will ALWAYS be looking at things you see every day and evaluating/judging/noticing the work. I do it and it drives my wife nuts!! The other day we were in a Burger joint and I was looking at the welds on the aluminum...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X