Collapse
16 results in 0.0123 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• metalmanipulator
    replied to Perfect Marriage?
    Had that setup for close to thirty years. With a spool gun to help stretching out to hit hard to reach areas, and welding aluminum and a foot petal tor tig welding, it has been the very best investment i have ever made in my working career. I have had very good luck with this machine. Issues. wore out...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Need a second perspective! Help!!

Have wasted many hours engineering and building this system. Green 6" sch 10 vertical pipe is dirty air going in. White is clean air going to pump. System was supposed to be a partially enclosed system, pulling shavings from a saw and from a chamfering machine,through cyclone, and taking clean...
    See more | Go to post

• metalmanipulator
    replied to New helmet from ESAB
    have been loving my elite for bout 10 years. had at disastrous issue after changing spools of wire. bumped my mig lead as I walked to band saw and trigger of gun got depressed. shot wire up an into my hood then to table. when I turned back to table my hood was on fire. I searched both welding stores...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• metalmanipulator
    replied to New helmet from ESAB
    have been loving my elite for bout 10 years. had at disastrous issue after changing spools of wire. bumped my mig lead as I walked to band saw and trigger of gun got depressed. shot wire up an into my hood then to table. when I turned back to table my hood was on fire. I searched both welding stores...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Miller Elite

Love My Elite for years. The only problems I have Is the inside cover. While changing lenses out its hard not to mare the very sensitive inside lens. I gently on a clean surface carefully install then put scotch tape around sides to keep grinding dust from getting in between...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• metalmanipulator
    replied to best welding helmet
    osha rules

This is all I could find in OSHA rules and regulations.
    Helmets and hand shields shall be made of a material which is an insulator for heat and electricity. Helmets, shields and goggles shall be not readily flammable and shall be capable of withstanding...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• metalmanipulator
    replied to best welding helmet
    welding hoods

Love my miller elite. Had it for bout six years, replaced the head-gear once. At work I also have a cheep speed glass #10. It is light but has issues with different lighting. wants to go on an off. I leave it out so anyone can use it or steal it. LOL I home in my shop I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• welding and welders

I am new to the discussion part, but for me I got into the field in the mid 80's and started my professional career as a industrial maintenance mechanic. I have always taken any advice I could get.I try to try and apply it to the style and position and project I am...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• metalmanipulator
    replied to Cool belt and band
    cool belt

Hey have you been using your cool belt; and how has it been working for you? Is your hood removable so you can go from a hood to a face shield?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• metalmanipulator
    replied to xmt 300 problem
    xmt 300

I drops power when ark-welding. nothing to do with mig.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• grinders.

I have burned through many grinders but my grinder of choice is Metabo WE 14-125 plus. it has a slow start and has a speed control for for wire or polishing. I own two for work and two for home. wouldn't buy anything else. although the new ones don't seem to last as long but...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• metalmanipulator
    started a topic xmt 300 problem

xmt 300 problem

I have had my XMT 300 since it was new and have used it in many process, both as a hobby and now I use it in a industrial position. as in used each and every day.
    Lately in the last 6 months. I will pull the trigger on mig and it will weld fine, then in the middle of a weld it will loose power....
    See more | Go to post

• mirror finish

I have worked with stainless for many years and still haven't mastered it yet. I use basicly the same system but I seem to have better luck with gray or white compound. I can't get all the micro scratches that the cotton pads leave. I started out with #8 mirror finish matieral...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• metalmanipulator
    started a topic rusted artwork

rusted artwork

I was buying a chemical called scale gone 55 and it would take any scale off and make my projects rust quickly and evenly. I cannot seem to get any reply. could anyone give me a name & address of another product. thanks
    See more | Go to post

• metalmanipulator
    replied to Adjustable Sawhorses
    metal saw horses

I like to take a 2x4x3/16 48" long and a 2x2x48"long, tack together and drill holes through both, about 5 to 6" in from the ends. Slide allthread through the 2x4. (use at least 1" allthread)(you want the allthread to fit tightly in the 2x4 so when...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X