Collapse
500 results in 0.2081 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Hardrock40
    replied to best way to weld cast iron
    I think silicone bronze with tig is the cats meow. I have used it on an old, I do mean old wood stove door to replace a broken out section and a hinge.

Old cast iron bed frame and several other odd and hard to repair projects.

An engine block or cast manifold I have never...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hardrock40
    replied to Smooth welds??
    Makes sense to me. Lately my practice has been doing this with the tip of the filler just tapping into the puddle right before the tungsten hits it.

Everything stays close but it melts the rod back just in time to raise out and tap again. I also believe in sliding the torch hand and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hardrock40
    replied to Torch
    I purchased a Flex-loc maybe nine months ago or so. Thought I would put it on today but lost the little wires used to tie the hoses on.

Having to get in a tight place and weld aluminum would be tough.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hardrock40
    replied to Need Idea for wrecker problem
    Little different issue, but thanks for the reply.

I'm going back to look at another idea today. If I come with something I'll post it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hardrock40
    started a topic Need Idea for wrecker problem

Need Idea for wrecker problem

Need an Idea to keep the lift arms on this wrecker stable while driving with them in the stowed position.

Seems the hydraulics are relaxing, then the arms aren't pulled in tight and teeter left to right, sort of flop around.

Has anybody ever built a cradle or something that...
    See more | Go to post

• I'll at lest help keep it at the top.

Building a cart IMO is not exactly what you would want the SPO function for, its more of a joining thin sheet with tiny tacks feature. However it can be set to longer times.

Your pre flow and post flow can be set to whatever you want...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hardrock40
    started a topic Bobcat 250 gas cap

Bobcat 250 gas cap

sup guys, been awhile.

I was removing the gas cap from the 250 today and it sounded like something fell down inside the gas tank that may have been part of the cap.

Cap seems ok but I heard something.

Any known issues?
    See more | Go to post

• Hardrock40
    started a topic Does winter storm = work?

Does winter storm = work?

For you guys that has been thru a few storms did work pic up during or right after it, Snow?

Have a day or so harsh stuff coming where we don't see much, just wondering if the phone will ring.
    See more | Go to post

• Hardrock40
    replied to Gotta ask.... MM 211
    I might give that a go.

I too feel like the settings are hot an most times end up in the next lowest setting.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Oh man, I know the feeling. I researched and debated for sooo long and when I finally pulled the trigger on my first machine it took over my every thought.

The one thing I didn't get that day was scrap metal. bummer, I was welding on little tiny things I could find laying around. ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hardrock40
    replied to No penetration on aluminum
    Go with everybodys preheat suggestions, Huge difference on thicker aluminum.

I welded to aluminum plates on a 90, outside beveled corner, Plates were over 1/2" thick. Clamped this thing up and put it on top a kerosene heater for a good while.

Don't know how hot it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hardrock40
    replied to Ultraviolet Rays
    Yea Joe, I guess I need to get a doctor, haven't really got one. Scared to go due to all the things he might find.

I understand that cumulative affect, just another worry, didn't care when I was younger but I do now.

Broc, that's kind of funny, I had a job not to long...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hardrock40
    replied to Ultraviolet Rays
    Good reading H80N.

Yea, I hope nobody thinks I was suggesting to weld without PPE.

Just saying I always feel better when I have a project going on. I have noticed it again this week.
    I had one small job Monday. Now Friday I feel like I've been hit by a truck....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hardrock40
    started a topic Ultraviolet Rays

Ultraviolet Rays

I hear some about UV - B rays from the sun and the affects of it to help us produce vitamin D. From what I can find out, welding produces the same type of skin burning rays, just much more intense.

I'm starting to think there is more to your health and feeling well when you weld as opposed...
    See more | Go to post

• Hardrock40
    started a topic Ultraviolet Rays

Ultraviolet Rays

sorry didn't mean to post in projects
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X