21 results in 0.0104 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• mark4561
    started a topic aluminized exhaust pipe

aluminized exhaust pipe

I'm mostly a pipe stick and tig welder thou i'm gonna get a mig welder to weld some exhaust pipe. what wire you use for that and any comment's w/ it as well, thx mjz
    See more | Go to post

• mark4561
    started a topic mig set-up for trailblazer

mig set-up for trailblazer

gettin ready to purchase a trailblazer and am curios as to what's the best mig set-up for it to do regular flux and aluminum.
    See more | Go to post

• mark4561
    replied to helpful hints smaw weld test
    stress test

I have alway's been nearvous on test day's even thou I did it a 100 times already before. Take an extra breath and slow down, i was alway's tryin to hard and made stupid mistakes i normally would never do, slow ypor speed down and make sure you give the weld time to flow keep...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• whip motion

don't forget the whip motion w/ that, 1/8 burn's good at 100 110 ,cram it in and hold then pull back quick , keep your tip of wire pointing up a bit ,help's suspend the steel a bit to.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mark4561
    replied to verticle up bead weld
    stringer

done alot of the verticle basket weave, is the stringer style all that much different? besides tryin to keep it straight in line w/ each other,
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mark4561
    replied to verticle up bead weld
    running stringer's

that's what I meant too ask, forgot that stringer part. But yah tip's for stringer's verticle 3G typical structural test, gonna do one tomorrow and normally do that w/ full basket weave style, thx mjz
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mark4561
    started a topic verticle up bead weld

verticle up bead weld

normally do the verticle up 7018, fill as I go. but alot of companies want verticle bead weld,can't be to much different than standerd verticle fill, any comment's or suggestion's, thx mjz
    See more | Go to post

• mark4561
    started a topic joker helmet

joker helmet

Bought a joker auto len's about a 1 1/2 yrs ago, doesn't seem to work right all the time, seem's like at times I'm welding w/ my eyes closed, the adjustment's don't seem to help either, anyone know of or experienced any problem's like this w/ these helmet's, thx mjz .
    See more | Go to post

• mark4561
    replied to Tungsten sharpening
    tungsten

if it's worth it I'll try to keep one end for aluminum and the other for carbon pipe,I use a soap stone and a little arch flash for undernieth the pipe. Would like a see through or florecsent stone if you know where to find one,also anyone ever try those pen's they sell on ebay...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mark4561
    started a topic pipe welder's

pipe welder's

anyone in the pipe welding side know of some good literature, am testing for pipe 6011 and 7018. Tig welding to start, then pipe gtaw w/ 7018 cover. most all job's I've come across want tig root w/ 7018 cap.Am continuing education from structural welding and get on the ground for awhile,lol. feedback...
    See more | Go to post

• mark4561
    started a topic fluxcore test

fluxcore test

not much experience w/ fluxcore, till now. Question's about root pass for bevelled plate, vertical, overhead. Do you start a bead up then stitch it in like a 7018 or down bead and fill root pass in w/ beading, thx
    See more | Go to post

• mark4561
    started a topic vertical

vertical

anyone ever asked to do a vertical bead w/ a 6011 root pass, all from down to up!, not a weave as I thought it was alway's to be, goes against my trained logic, maybe need some insight. thx
    See more | Go to post

• mark4561
    replied to inner shield
    mig

have my 3 G cert, the job posted was inner shield welding and I know the structure is galvinized. I wasn't sure that's what they wanted, A mig welder for that. It usually call's for standard 7018 stick for structure. They have to heaty it also outside when it's cold like this time...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mark4561
    replied to inner shield
    Is that similar to mig welding?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mark4561
    started a topic inner shield

inner shield

someone please explain the inner shield to me , I think it's simple afraid to ask dumb question's but appreciatew it. I wasn't sure if it's a certain techniqe or not ! thx so much everyone.
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X