18 results in 0.0058 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Gregg
    replied to aluminum welding
    alum . welding

It could be a number of things. Are you using straight argon, what type of tungston are you using? I have used a syncrowave 250 and the high frequency had to be set on constant.
    Hope this helps .
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied to syncrowave 180 or 250?
    I have to agree with ralenr , If you buy the 180 you wish you would have bought the 250 . I say go big and you won't regret it .All I use is the syncrowave 250 and love it ..
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied to AL cast???????????
    I agree with mike,some brakets are made from some of the worst metal. I used 5356 al tig rod and pure tungsten , and got a pretty descent weld..
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied to New here, plenty of questions...
    I learned to weld in the navy .We had about 3 weeks of arc welding and then it was learn by trial and error. Had a 2week course of mig and tig and didn't use it until I got into the real world. Have been mig and tig welding alum. in a pontoon boat shop since 1996 and love it .It almost becomes 2nd nature...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied to Controler
    It's hard to get used to it at first, but the rotary switch is the way to go..I think it's so much easier to control the heat.
    hope this helps.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied to Push-Pull Systems
    Hawk , I think you will enjoy the xr edge .I used this while working in the boat shop. It holds a 14lb spool of wire which makes for a long day of welding . We had the pistol type gun and it was very easy to hold and make pretty weld. Just what the customer likes!!
    Hope you enjoy it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied to Aluminum cleaner
    Garcia , if you can stand the smell , we used Acetone . It cleans everything and evaporates quickly,so it doesn't leave any residue.
    hope this helps
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied to liberty tig weld cups
    Did you still get good gas coverage? I was taught to to stick the tungsten out no more than the thickness of the metal.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied to mig or tig that is the question
    FOR THE THICKER STUFF ,I USED A REGENCY 250 WITH THE WC24 AL. PACKAGE AND .035 5356 WIRE IN THE 1LB SPOOLS . I'VE USED THIS SINCE 1997 AND NOTHING HAS BROKEN YET!!!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied to proper tig welder
    How thick is the metal you will be welding? You don't want to get a welder that is to small. It is best to go big , you don't want to start welding and not have enough power!! I use a syncrowave 250 and it will do just about any thickness without a problem . Hope this helps you decide..
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied to cyberweld.com
    rotary control

Newbie mat, All I use is a rotary control. It has been so long since I used a foot control,I think a rotary is so much easier. Great for those tight spots and easier to control the heat. Thanks for the reply..
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied to cyberweld.com
    Cope , that looks like a good website . I see some ordering in my future.. Thanks
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    started a topic cyberweld.com

cyberweld.com

Has anyone ordered from this website ? they have cheap prices, and free shipping!!!
    See more | Go to post

• Gregg
    replied to AL tig
    walking the cup

I've never done it , but I think it means to rest the cup on the base metal while welding. I guess it's supposed to keep the torch steady. My boss tried to get me to tig that way when i first started. Everybody has their own way and I could never walk the cup , I found...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied to AL tig
    I have not used a mm210 , we use the xmt 304 inverter ,works real well with the thin stuff . For the 3/16 and thicker I used a regency 250 with a 30 amp spoolamatic. It takes a little money to get the right welder .But when you see the finished product, it's worth it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X