Collapse
50 results in 0.0122 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• DetroitRob
    replied to CST 280 or Maxstar 200
    Can't comment on the CST, but I have a Maxstar 200 in my shop at work. Its very portable, and when I have to do work in any of the buildings or tunnels I have no clue what power is around for my whip to get tied into. We have everything you can imagine from 120 single phase to 480 three phase and everything...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DetroitRob
    replied to Press brake talk
    Hydraulic vs Mechanical

A shop I used to work at bought a used mechanical brake.... Great big old machine that saw production use in WWII.. I put all new controls on it, and it got the job done. But it was scary as heck bending large plate, having to use the foot pedal clutch and being...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DetroitRob
    replied to Would you do this?
    BD, the uninsulated ductwork isn't a big operations issue as it *technically* meets code, but being that this project is for the President's Ballroom, and will only run when there is an event, in the summer its setback temp is 85, and operating is 72... I can't wait for the day they have a big event...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DetroitRob
    replied to Would you do this?
    This is one of those jobs where the grid went up too soon too... They are trying to finish the job through the grid... Even better our construction supervisor decided it was ok to let them not insulate the ductwork to save money, and never told us about it, so I am jumping up and down at the GC and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DetroitRob
    started a topic Would you do this?

Would you do this?

So I work for a local university as an HVAC tech and I also handle all the pipefitting and other work along those lines. As such I hold certs for both 6G pipe and D1.1 for structural work. Unfortunately as construction projects seem to go, management has a tendency to let the tile, carpet, paint get...
    See more | Go to post

• DetroitRob
    replied to Snow Plow Blade Repair
    That reminds me of a pair of plow blades I fixed up back in 07. Both were in decent shape, but had worn thin at the top of the curve at the top of the skeleton. I had lots of time to kill and got paid by the hr...I was a maintenance guy at a warehouse at the time... I ended up cleaning them up and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DetroitRob
    replied to overhead stick
    Wear good gear, leather sleeves at a minimum! Also get comfortable, I just tested for my D1.1 1" plate and by the time I got done running 1/8 7018 my arms wanted to fall off!! Keep a nice tight steady bead and you will do just fine! AND CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!! Cant forget that!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thats one good bit of advertising you found there!! Thats what the inside of a condensate pipe looks like after being left untreated for about 10years... After working in a facility that utilized over 1000 aggregate HP of air compressors and refrigerated and dessicant driers, some piping being in service...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Guys, I have the absolute best way to avoid getting itchy from fiberglass welding blankets.....I dont buy them anymore I suck it up and buy the carbon fiber Steiner blankets. Comfortable enough to use them as a blanket!!

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/STEINER-Welding-Blan...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DetroitRob
    replied to New to me Bobcat
    I was going back and forth between that and a Ranger 10,000... The bobcat was closer so i went there first. Got it for a grand, so I definatley cant complain about that. Runs beautifully, the paint job was $40 well spent. Just have to get different decals. I got the new style Miller ones, and they...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DetroitRob
    replied to New to me Bobcat
    After Pics:
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DetroitRob
    started a topic New to me Bobcat

New to me Bobcat

Well, I ended up picking up the Bobcat 225G Plus, 662 hours on it. Brought it in to work tonight for a little clean/paint job. She starts up almost immediatley, every time, only alittle smoke when I put the choke on when it was cold thursday. Runs smooth, idles up and down no problem. Now to run...
    See more | Go to post

• DetroitRob
    started a topic Used engine drive question

Used engine drive question

Ok, so I am looking to add an engine driven welder/generator to my shop... Looking for something used, and with a decent sized genny to run the house for a power outage. Looking on craigslist, there is a fairly rough looking Bobcat 225Plus with ~600hrs , and a halfway decent looking Lincoln Ranger...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by DetroitRob; 01-08-2013, 03:58 PM.

• DetroitRob
    replied to good little home welders
    Where are you located? I have a Lincoln AC/DC tombstone sitting in my garage collecting tremendous amounts of dust, that works beautifully. Its looking for a good home. I am just south of Detroit, MI.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Well....I have a 150STL, and have done 6010 roots, its not the easiest thing to do..but its doable. Ive had to use 3/32 5P keep a very tight arc, and really couldnt whip it like you can on a bigger machine. I dont think the machine has enough potential to sustain the arc through a big whip. Cant speak...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X