Collapse
500 results in 0.1955 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• kevin
    replied to Flux vs Shielded Flux Question
    if you are just starting out, stay with the mig, the dual shield with co2 is great, but not really where you should be, if you are doing bigger welds it would be ok, but your machine wont keep up with it if you start pounding out the wire, plus, as mentioned, costly. dont under estimate the mig process,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• most suppliers will have shorts, lets say someone orders a 16 foot piece of angle iron, they will be charge for the 20 foot stick, plus the cut, then the 4 foot piece goes to the short pile to resell, not all yards offer the short piece along with the piece that is ordered, unless the customer ask for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied to "Vintage" C Channel welding
    instead of grinding, try using your torch to clean off the rust, just heat it where the weld will be, cuz, badly rusted steel is usually pitted, and grinding it takes off too much steel
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied to Help with 1/8" 6010/6011
    some mention of brands, has any one recently looked at the logo,made in xxxx, which used to be america, on some suppliers, it will say, assembled in america with imported components. ive stopped buying from airgas, their rods have gone to the worst. i have a feeling that airgas is like home depot with...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied to Good CHEAP autodarkening helmet.
    ive got a miller pro, its fine, bought a 39 dollar hf piece. works good, what i dont like, that the innerds are plastic, scratch easily, where the miller is either glass or some type of space ship plastic, will not scratch
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied to flux coverage
    not the first time that i had heard that the 211 has feed issues, causing lousy beads, just repeating what i have heard
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied to Trailer Axle Weld Failure Question
    hahahaha still see ads in the help wanted, mig welders wanted, no experience needed, will train 10 to 12 bucks an hour. looks like this kid forgot to put enough weld on it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied to MIG welding finicky-ness
    with time and practice, this wont be an issue, it will come second nature, also you will learn to vary the angle and stick out to increase your capabilities of welding with the mig. example, welding this sheet, afraid of blow thru, give it a litle more stick out, if running cold, reduce stick out, keep...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied to 7014 vs 7018 on the farm
    for you fridge guys who use them for a rod oven, i built one, it is the 2 door with freezer on top, first off , i had alot of ss 24 ga sheets laying around, i bought a roll of 6" insulation, cut the insulation to fit all around the inside of the fridge, then cut up the sheet,s to, add another inside...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied to Redesigned 252
    bought 1 a year or so, ago, best welder on the market for the size, not sure if it can be improved, mayby move the on/off switch, but for welding, cant be beat, why wait
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied to MIG welding finicky-ness
    on really hot summer days, late in the afternoon, if you are welding a , as you say, a fineky metal, you may notice that your puddle will not be as fluid as it was earlier on in the day. this is caused by the increased usage of the power grid. i havent noticed this as much where i am, now, country setting,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied to thunderbolt 225
    thats usually the first thing that goes on those welders
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• there is one thing that no one is talking about, its called, the new steel, by gm. youve seen the chevy truck commercial, the truck is on the ice, then up comes a submarine, busting the ice all to heck, gm is trying to compare their truck frames to ice breaking subs. its more than marketing, its the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied to Wire cast and helix question.
    radnor is air gas,s house brand, most of it is garbage, stick rods are aweful, air gas has sunk to another low to improve their bottom line...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied to Welding chrome
    also, welcome to the forum, yep, burn away, the chrome will not give you any grief. if you are running an 03 wire, meaning 70-03, things may be more challenging, but you prolly are running 70-06, which has a higher count of silicone, used for shielding and cleaning, which will serve you better. just...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X