No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
150 results in 0.0216 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• My first guess would be a couple of bad diodes. They usually seem to go bad in pairs. You might also have some bad capacitors- the big ones.

Charley
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CharleyL
    replied to Dialarc HF
    When I bought my DialArc HF the torch had been hooked up to well water for many years and the torch itself was heavily limed up. I ended up filling the torch head with CLR and letting it stand for an hour, then dumping the CLR out and replacing it with fresh CLR. I did this several times and then flushed...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CharleyL
    replied to TIG Machine
    Good and under $1000 don't fit together if you are trying to buy a new TIG machine of any quality, but a good older TIG, like a Dial Arc HF or a 330A BP can be had for way less than $1000 complete with torch, foot pedal, and sometimes even a cooler. They are power hogs, but for home use it won't be...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CharleyL
    replied to Cut off saw
    A good portable stand for a dry cut saw is one of the hand truck like saw stands intended for the woodworking miter saws. See the pictures of mine in post #19 of the following thread

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...saw-also-calle...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CharleyL
    replied to Cut off saw
    A dry cut saw is a better choice than an abrasive saw. We have the Milwaukee and are very pleased with it. For cutting angle it's best to lay the angle down in the vise and cut into the top of the upside down V. The cuts are more accurate and the blades last longer.

Charley
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CharleyL
    replied to Tailgate Tire Mount
    To do powder coating you are going to need an oven large enough to be capable of baking the finish on the largest piece. It won't fit in your wife's oven. There are cheap powder sprayers available, but the oven is usually the show stopper. To get the finish to hold well you are also going to have to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CharleyL
    replied to Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    If you didn't run the gas out of it before it was stored, the carburetor is going to need cleaning. It would be a good idea to do this before attempting to start it so you don't run the battery down. Next time, before you put it in storage, either completely run the gas out of it or use some Stabil...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CharleyL
    replied to Bobcat broken ring?
    Gas In Oil

A bad mechanical or vacuum operated fuel pump will put gas in the oil when the bladder goes bad.

Charley
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CharleyL
    replied to Syncrowave Coolant Pump
    I've been told that Procon offers re-build kits for their pumps, but I never tried to get one. Before I spent $450 for a new pump I would certainly explore doing a re-build of the one that you have.

Charley
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CharleyL
    replied to 50Hz versus 60Hz
    You can run most 50 Hz equipment on 60 Hz, but NOT the other way around. Induction motors that are frequency dependent will run a bit faster and have a little less power, but in most cases this will not affect the operation. Equipment designed to run on 220 volts will accept 230 volts without a problem,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CharleyL
    replied to Bracing up for in a barn
    That may or may not work. It will depend on where you are located. The snow load can be a big factor and you haven't told us where you are located. How about going to "My Profile" at the top of this screen and adding it. The town and state will do. Is that just the roof above or is there something...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CharleyL
    replied to older bobcat models
    We have a 224 NT and it only puts out 8,000 watts of 240 volt power, but that's enough to light every light both inside and outside of the house in a power failure - (a fun thing to do when the house is on the end of a peninsula in a lake and nobody has power anywhere around the shore of the lake)....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• You won't have any trouble from them. Troy stands behind what he sells and if something isn't right he will go out of his way to make it right just as soon as he can. My latest purchase was a portable band saw stand. When it arrived I discovered that the insert plate had not been made quite right for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CharleyL
    replied to Miller bobcat /p216
    The most likely thing to check -

There is an oil level switch that cuts off the ignition if the oil level is low. Check the oil level and be sure it's full. If it is, then it the level switch might be bad. Find it in your manual and temporarily jumper it out to see if the motor will start...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CharleyL
    replied to bobcat 225 dying issue
    It's just a guess at this point without more information, but it sounds to me like the carburetor float needle valve is not closing completely and the fuel pump is over filling the float bowl, which then causes the motor to run rich and stall. This would produce the "flooded" condition on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X