Collapse
213 results in 0.0164 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Andy
    replied to Running 6010 with Dynasty 200dx
    I like 6010 on the dynasty better than on the AEAD-200LE.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied to Fittings on Oxygen Supply Line
    Be sure you get fittings rated at the proper pressure if you're also modifying the high pressure gauge.

I don't know what the specs are for oxygen service, but I imagine the brass is used for corrosion resistance. I don't know how well the galvanized will hold up. It may quickly corrode...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The flowmeter with the gauge is measuring pressure, then assuming how much flow you'd get from that pressure through a orifice. Since it's actually measuring pressure, it can show "flow" when there isn't any.

The ball-type is really measuring flow.

I have the first...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied to Insuring Tools
    I couldn't get my insurance to cover hand tools, but I did get them to cover larger items. Each item had to have a serial/vin number, and had to be individually listed on the policy.

I even tried to get them to insure hand tools with a $1k or $2k deductable. I don't want to claim one...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied to Airgas is a failing enterprise
    Airgas closed down here.
    The independent LWS has friendly service, but doesn't carry much of anything beyond gas. I tried getting them to order about $500 of rod, but I couldn't see spending $60 more versus buying online (and not burning any fuel since it gets delivered to my door).
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I've only used mine on 115v once. It ran 3/32" 6010 just fine. Off the top of my head, I don't remember the duty cycle or amp limitations, but you probably don't want to run off 115V all the time unless sheet metal is all you do.

The only complaint I'd have against the dyn200 is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied to ideas to secure welder in garage
    And a battery powered grinder will make quick (but noisy) work of any padlock no matter how "hardened" the shackle.

I like to make steel protection boxes around any place I put a padlock. Yes the grinder with a cutoff wheel could get through it without a problem, but it extends...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied to synchrowave 350 lx, lift arc
    I think the max arc length is going to be related to the max OCV. So I'm guessing there's no way to turn that down. Have you tried "snaping" the torch away quickly and with a twist. The gas has to stay hot and ionized to keep the arc going. If you draw away slowly it gives time to heat...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied to Paint Guns
    I have a sata gun, but for most jobs I use the cheap gun I bought at lowes. Yes, it's not good enough to paint show cars, but it doesn't make any difference on 'regular' stuff that I don't do much prep.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I've never used or even seen the Diversion 165. It may be a great machine, but I'm going to guess you'll soon want something bigger. 150 amps at 20% duty cycle doesn't go very far. On the downside any better machine is going to be almost double the price. You might look for a used syncrowave. Lots...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied to Pipe fence gate
    I'd make the gate out of thinner wall pipe. 2-3/8 or 2-7/8 sounds like you might be using drill stem. That's going to get really heavy when suspended 16 feet out.

I have seen gates that heavy. The problem usually isn't with the hinge. It's with the support of the hinge post. With...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied to I want to learn to TIG
    You won't mind the clean metal so much after you see the clean beads you get from tig.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied to I want to learn to TIG
    I would get a torch, regulator, bottle, hoses, etc that will get you running on your dialarc. This will let you get some practice and see how you like it.

In the long run, if you like tig you are going to want the 'full up' tig machine. At that point you didn't waste any money on the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I don't think spherical shot is going to contact the tube enough to draw the heat out. I think you'd still be heating the entire thickness of the tube up to melting point. You'll probably achieve welding some of the shot to the inside of the tube.

In this case you'll need to try to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied to Syncrowave 500 on its side?
    How much is a day rental of a cargo van or pickup truck?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X