Collapse
103 results in 0.0274 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• spence648
    replied to need help welding tubing
    I knew that wouldn't go over well, everyone is different and has different prefrences, I like the thin filler to control puddle, making a sweet looking weld is all about consistency, for me I'd rather push in to add more rather than getting to much fill, from those pics it looks to me he used too much...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• spence648
    replied to need help welding tubing
    Always pay attention to torch angle and arc length, you may like the results better by turning it up to 100 -120 amps, I would use .045 filler for that too,
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks for the vids.. im off from surgery on a broken shoulder from a mx accident. . So this gives me something to do.. i enjoy watching stuff like this.. ive seen some amazing things done on mills and lathes with creativity rather then cnc technology.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• spence648
    replied to Roll cage welding issues
    Is it happening when u were finishing the last weld? It could be the air trapped between the 2.. and when you try to seal it up the trapped air is blowing a hole out onto your tungsten. . If its happening right away.. it is probably just dirty
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• spence648
    replied to Sheet metal intake
    Hey guys... i used a syncrowave 350 to weld that up.. 1/8 tungsten and a #7 cup. The reason for wanting to mix helium in was ease of welding. Helium makes it weld hotter, gives a narrower bead because it penatrates instead of spreading out. . It also comes out with a cleaner bead with less sooting...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• spence648
    started a topic ***y beads

***y beads

I was really hoping the weld p o r n thread was gonna take off but i think it got messed up in the posting problems. I would like to see nice welds. Anyone up for posting them up and can even give techniques on how you achieved them... lets see them ***y beads!!!!!!
    See more | Go to post

• It all depends on how much coin u want to shell out. The lincoln precision tig and the synchrowaves from miller are pretty even in my opinion. I like millers arc better at real low amps but i like lincons set up better with drawers and storage compartments. If your talking inverters i was told by a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• spence648
    replied to What's up with that ????????
    Dont know but i have the same problem here.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• spence648
    replied to Weld ****
    Heres a dirty piece of aluminum i was practicing a weave on

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• spence648
    replied to Weld ****
    I dont have facebook so i cant check them out. But i would like to see some good welds. How about people post up some pics.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• spence648
    replied to Weld ****
    I dont have facebook so i cant check it out. But i like checking out others work. Why dont we turn this thread into show us some weld ****. Post pics of your welds and how you do them. I dont have many pics on my phone but ill take some. Heres one thats just a dirty piece of scrap i was practicing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• spence648
    replied to pitting in aluminum weld
    Water can get trapped in the aluminum oxide and cause hydrogen when you weld on it.

Heres a couple more things ive found happening to me.
    1. Check to make sure your tungsten isnt bending. If u weld at too high of amps for the size ur tungsten can bend. Then the heat from it will...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• spence648
    replied to job interview question
    I shoulda been more specific. Im not saying go in work clothes. Im just saying dress as you usually would when you dress nice. And not to go overboard with dress pants shoes tie etc. Learning about the company beforehand is an excellent idea. It shows u want to work there and dont just need a job.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• spence648
    replied to job interview question
    I would just dress normal. I dont think you should dress up for a job unless its a management or supervisor position. Basically any job where you must act professional you must also look it. To me if i seen a welder come in all dressed up i would think hes scared to get dirty.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• We got a temp one day and my boss brought him over to me and said dont let him touch a thing, hes gone tommorrow. Well he wanted to help so i hand him a 4inch grinder and tild him to grind these welds flush. He takes the grinder and starts pushing it like a file on the weld going back and foward. Hes...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X