198 results in 0.0432 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• andyman
    started a topic Weld Size Question

Weld Size Question

All of my welding experience is with MIG or TIG haven't touch STICK in my life and no structural work. Starting to use weld symbols at work for creating drawings for contractors (mostly structural work).

My question is would multiple passes be necessary with STICK or MIG for a 1/4"...
    See more | Go to post

• Its a shame that this is an issue. Maybe if enough people post in here they will fix it I went with miller after my 4 year old speedglas 9100V broke last week in hopes it'd last longer than 4 years.

Or maybe we need to add a counter weight to the top?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• andyman
    started a topic New miller digital elite question

New miller digital elite question

Just got my new digital elite hood and did a little welding to try it out and my only complaint is it doesn't stay flipped up very well. I have the knobs on the side as tight as possible. Is there something I'm over looking that will help prevent the hood from flipping back down so easily?
    See more | Go to post

• andyman
    replied to Building a lathe stand
    vibration

I've been wondering if it would make much difference in stopping vibration if i through bolted vs tapped. I know i wouldn't be tapping in 16ga but i could weld a thicker plate on for tapping.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by andyman; 01-31-2011, 07:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• andyman
    sorry kcstott I missed your post somehow.
    thanks a lot though you told me everything I wanted to know
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• andyman
    I was thinking about adding some bracing between the 2 supports the come up and hold the lathe. Maybe run a piece of 6"x3/8" flat bar i have hanging around between the to supports. This piece would be under the chip tray but above any other drawers i add.

aametalmaster,
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• andyman
    I noticed that too and planned on changing it so it wasn't like that. Maybe by making the front legs straight or have a very small angle to them and possibly moving the position of the lathe forward some.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• andyman
    started a topic Building a lathe stand

Building a lathe stand

Picked up a 6" atlas the other day and I am wanting to build a bench for it since the table the came with it takes up to much room in the garage so I'm looking for something with a smaller foot print. I like the one in the pictures i post. The stand In the pictures was built from 4"x6"...
    See more | Go to post

• andyman
    replied to SS Planter Box
    shop I went to can't do it cause the third bend would cause it to hit on the back of the break
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• andyman
    started a topic X-ray settings for steel

X-ray settings for steel

I have the chance to get someone I know to x-ray my welds on practice pieces at his chiropractics business. Is it possible to use a x-ray machine meant for bones to x-ray steel? If so can anyone give me some settings to x-ray 3/16" steel?

Just thought it'd be cool to mess around...
    See more | Go to post

• andyman
    started a topic SS Planter Box

SS Planter Box

I'm making a SS planter for a friend. Dimensions are gonna be approximately 10"x10" 3' tall made from 16ga with a shelf 8" from the top to put plants in. I'm getting 2 pcs bent into 10" L's and then welding the 2 together and a cap at the bottom and some strips at the top for the...
    See more | Go to post

• wish i could get that. Also the shop i went to stocks metal and I'd be buying tubing that has been sitting outside in Florida weather for who knows how long. I'd get a total of 3 sticks and get them to make one cut on each stick so I can fit it in the car to bring home. said a the total would be like...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• that is about 71cents a lb
    my price would be $1.33 a foot or about $1.05 a lb
    Do you know if you were getting it at cost?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• the shop i use to work at got that price for aluminum=O
    i thought steel was like 60cents a pound guess I'm wrong huh...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• andyman
    started a topic Cost of 1-1/2" steel square tube

Cost of 1-1/2" steel square tube

Does $32 bucks sound about right for a 24' stick of 1-1/2" 16GA steel square tube?

I got this price from a local shop and think its a little high since it matches the prices this site give me:http://www.metalsdepot.com/
    Always thought that the online metal sites marked up...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X