16 results in 0.0107 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• midseries
    replied to stick filler rod
    filler rods

I'm takeing over a job from another welder who walked out as all the work is in the roof and he said it was to hard, the work is quite difficult but you have to take the good with the bad, the poor fit up i am left with and i normaly run stringers if needed and was just asking...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• midseries
    replied to Welding UV rays
    helmet saftey

No one has ever been burnt on the back of the neck from welding,it's only direct exposure you have to worry about, your not filling the room with uv, if your that worried about it wear your hoodie when welding..
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• midseries
    replied to stick filler rod
    Ok flux of, did you lay the rod in the gap or use it in your left hand and feed it in like tig or oxy welding?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• midseries
    replied to Welding UV rays
    helmet safety

Your helmet will offer full protection if it is covering exposed skin and is not leaking uv light around the lens surround, and you are using the right shade lens, that in mind you must be sure to cover up with long sleeves and gloves, and provide good ventilation..Have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• midseries
    started a topic stick filler rod

stick filler rod

Has any one used a second stick rod as a filler while stick welding to help with bad fit up, if so what technique did you use and did it work, was it a smaller diameter rod as a filler or the same size as you were using?.. andy
    See more | Go to post

• midseries
    replied to vertical strength
    vertical strength

Ok thanks for the reply boy's, I had to know before i went ahead with the job as these welds are in full view and i wanted them to be right, thanks.. Andy
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by midseries; 05-09-2009, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• midseries
    started a topic vertical strength

vertical strength

OK, Question time, say im stick welding two 1/4 inch plates using the same rod at the same amps one weld vertical up and one weld vertical down, what would be the strength difference in % between the two welds knowing of course that vertical down is the weaker one, as i have 26, 12 inch low load welds...
    See more | Go to post

• midseries
    replied to vertical up help
    vertical up up and away

Hey Dave, Norm said i can't blame international differences for my crappy vertical up. so taking onboard all the great advice you blokes have given me and with lots of practice, along with 10 kilos of rods, i'm starting to get there so thanks boy's you have been...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• midseries
    aus weld

No probs norm,
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• midseries
    international stuff

So does that mean i can blame international differences for my crappy vertical up welding? Andy........
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by midseries; 04-19-2009, 04:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• midseries
    aus weld

Ok dave, WIA is the preferd rod for the pro's and esab rod's a close second, as i'm in the building game i speek to, watch and notice what they use and as best i can and how they go about it with out getting under there feet, if your wondering how i came about my name midseries...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by midseries; 04-12-2009, 08:30 PM. Reason: forgot stuff

Leave a comment:

• midseries
    Aus friend

Well Davo now you have a mate down in australia, i'm down south in melbourne, as i'm just learning and have been thrown in the deep end by my boss in regards to welding work, i'm glad you blokes are out there to help me and people like that are giving it a go. Thanks Andy...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• midseries
    time

Ok dave you posted at 1:28pm my time today 20;20 your time witch was 7:20pm my time so your about 6 hours ahead, by the way thanks for your help mate. Andy
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• midseries
    vertical up help

Thanks to all who took the time to answer my post, i now have a some good ideas to try out, i will spend some practice time at home before i go back to the job, thanks again Andy........
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• midseries
    vertical up

i'm going uphill mate, using 6013 rods...........
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X