Collapse
500 results in 0.1456 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Blondie_486
    replied to Miller welding sleeves
    Welcome to welding!!! Those are minor burns compared to some that I've gotten. Welding in tight spots you're going to get them all the time. I've had blobs burn through the tongue on my boot and put 3rd degree burns on the top of my foot. It's all part of the job my friend.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Blondie_486
    replied to off Topic but TAKE A LOOK
    Bob,
    You need to come out to my neck of the woods!! Heck they're standing in the road many itmes. I see road kill turkeys all the time! If you want to hunt them there's acres and acres of public hunting grounds all around me....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Pro70z28,
    I know what that's like. I have my project I call "Old Wing" tucked in the corner of my shop, waiting on me to find time to work on it. Oh I must not forget about my Gravely L8 either.

At any rate I haven't seen you post anything but first class work on the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Blondie_486
    replied to Propeller Repair
    Well it looks great, I couldn't have done it better myself. I'll bet your friend is happy you saved them a bunch of money fixing it vs replacing it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Generally when I cap square tubing in an application such as this, I cut the cap to fit inside the tube then fuse a bead with TIG around the perimeter of the tube and lightly sand it prior to painting. I'm not saying my way is any more right than the advice the others gave you, it's just different....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That is really a nice piece of work!!! They say necessity is the mother of invention and you've done it with style!

I can't wait to see the pro z28 finished!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Blondie_486
    replied to Propeller Repair
    It looks like you did a fine job on the repairs!

How much time did you have in the project start to finish? Hopefully the boat owner will be more careful where he/she takes the boat this season.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The purpose of rod ovens and hot boxes is to bake the moisture out of the rod coatings so as to avoid contamination from either oxygen or hydrogen. So putting the rods in water isn't the answer. If you're doing codified work then there is a specification on how hot the rods have to be prior to striking...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Blondie_486
    replied to arch welding aluminum
    I have used those electrodes before. I wouldn't want to use them on anything thin, 1/4" would probably be the thinnest I'd try them on. They don't run out of position very well and the welds don't look very good. They will hold up though as I have welded a few things for trucks where I couldn't...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I used to work at a shop where we did aluminizing and I used to bring my headers in to aluminize them before installing them. If you want to make an aluminized exhaust for a bike you should build the system and finish grind your welds then aluminize the pipes.

We would always sandblast...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I usually grind the ends of my electrodes that have been partially used and have had pretty good luck that way. I have a 4 1/2 grinder with a sanding disc on it and grind the end till the coating and electrode are even and then re-use them. I even do this with 7018 that is not ASME certified work.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Blondie_486
    replied to what weld is the stongest?
    Monte,
    Well I'm from down Yonder in the hills of the south, moved to yankee land in 89 and have become tired of trying to explain where Yonder is. Let's put it this way Yonder is a "Hillbilly" thang and if you can say "I are too!" to the term Hillbilly then you know where...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I've tried it both ways using the in helmet cheater and reading glasses which everyone in my area refers to as cheaters. I have great vision at a distance but up close it stinks. I do a lot of welding at various distances from my eyes. For normal welding I use a 2.50 and TIG welding I use 3.00 to 3.50...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Blondie_486
    replied to Millermatic 35
    Flip the wire tension roller up so there's no pressure on the wire, then pull the trigger and see if the motor runs. Another problem may be the tension on the spool spindle may be too tight. A bad diode can cause the drive motor not to run either as it runs on DC current. I had that issue with mine,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I don't get that! 13.00 for gloves, grinding discs, cover lens, helmet. What's so hazardous about those items? I look at my stuff before they bill me and if I see a HazMat charge for stuff like that I make them take it off or leave the stuff behind.

The welding suppliers are ripping...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X