Collapse
101 results in 0.0196 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• angus31632
    replied to where are the good jobs
    I'm on a shut down at Plant Bowen in north west GA, It's a union job out of United Association 72, Atlanta, GA. Best welding school in the south and top 5 ranked in the country. Lots of great challenging work and pretty good money for coming in with no experience, GREAT benefits. We also have a 18 week...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• angus31632
    replied to student welder
    hay bud, what kinda experience do you have?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hay fellas i gotta get in on this one, Im a 20 year old provisional journeyman with UA 72 (pipefitter union) out of atlanta. Provisional journeyman meaning i have welding cert and are qualified to do journeyman work, but because i haven't completed my school through the union i only get 80% of journey...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• angus31632
    replied to Weldor Shortage???
    There's not a welder shortage. There is however, a shortage of highly skilled welders you know the ones that run the power house circuit. I'm an apprentice in the pipe fitters union out of ATL and I've seen more guys then i can count bust the UA test. Ive busted a bunch of them myself. They run by the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• angus31632
    replied to You might be a weldor if....
    You Might Be A Pipe Welder If . . .
    Somebody hands you tape measure and you say "What you want me to do with this? I cant weld with that."
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• angus31632
    started a topic 1" stainless 308 pipe test

1" stainless 308 pipe test

Hay fellas how y'all doing today, I'm a 2nd year apprentice with the UA with welding certs from UA72 in Atl. I'm practicing for a 1" 308 stainless open butt test, everything is running good cap, root everything is looking good all except i cant keep the fish eyes/devils eyes outta the thing. Ive...
    See more | Go to post

• angus31632
    replied to helmets for pipe
    Good career choose bro, Im an apprentice with the UA pipefitters union and when im at work i use a fibermetal "pipeliner" hood with a #10 arc one single senior lens and when im at the shop i use my miller elite. never had a problem with either. Oh and your wondering i dont take the miller...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• angus31632
    replied to pipe questions
    Hay bud
    glad to see you going union, Im a 2nd year apprentice at UA (pipefitter) 72 in ATL GA. I just took and passed my tig root hot pass 7018 out and i have a 6010 7018 cert to. The UA 72 has one of the hardest hall in the country as far as getting a welding cert. top 3 in the country, these...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• angus31632
    started a topic Custom Metal Working on Motorcyles

Custom Metal Working on Motorcyles

Hay fellas,
    I'm 20, from south Georgia, I'm a certified union pipe welder/apprentice thru UA 72 in Atl, GA. I can weld on carbon, stainless, aluminum. I have limited experience with sheet metal and i have limited tools but I have the desire to learn and i will listen to anyone who will help me....
    See more | Go to post

• Hay bud,
    It took me almost 6 months to pass the UA 21 test (2" sch 120 6010/7018 6G) for the root pass i run mine really cold about 52-58 amps with a 1/8 gap and land stick that rod in there and i use a whip and pause motion, Its really hard to master but you can pretty much weld any gap...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• angus31632
    started a topic Big Problems Seeing

Big Problems Seeing

Hay guys,
    I'm having a huge problem seeing the puddle on my cap, from the 3-9o'clock positions on a 6G pipe (2", wall doesn't matter alot but the test is a 120 wall pipe). I've got a miller elite hood so i don't think the hood is the problem. I'm gone try a halogen light in the booth tomorrow...
    See more | Go to post

• angus31632
    started a topic Ua 21

Ua 21

I'm 19, been in the UA for 9 months now been practicing in UA 72 welding shop for the past 5 months for the UA 21/60. Im taking the UA 21 in the morning for my first union welding cert. the test will be visually and xray tested. This test is no joke UA 72 hall is one of the top four schools in the country...
    See more | Go to post

• angus31632
    replied to what is your job?
    I am a certified pipe welder apprentice (with one cert. working on another) out of the UA 72 from ATL graduated high school and tech school in 2010 and start my pipe fitting school in august.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• angus31632
    started a topic testing help

testing help

Anybody got any tips for focusing on welding? l'm in the process right now of getting my UA 60 cert (6010 root 7018 out 160 wall carbon pipe) for the ATL hall. One of the hardest test in the world. I'm having problems with my mind wondering while welding causing me to make stupid little mistakes. Can...
    See more | Go to post

• angus31632
    replied to 6010 root
    uphill progression (no pipeline) 1/8 rod
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X