Collapse
78 results in 0.0543 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• swyman
    replied to 1/2" fillet help!!!!!
    For anyone following this thread, I ended up dragging the torch and it did a beautiful job! Just went nice and slow using circle pattern and tunred out fabulous! Excellent penetration and appearance.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swyman
    I'm running at 25V and about 225amps 35 on the gas flow meter (75/25). How much hotter could I push this wire?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swyman
    You guys are both right, I broke out my welding principles and practices book from school and it says the weld should be at least the thickness of the material being welded. I will question that tomorrow when I get there. This is some very heavy stuff. I thought that I ahould have preheated the base...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swyman
    Oh, I'm using small circle manipulations
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swyman
    started a topic 1/2" fillet help!!!!!

1/2" fillet help!!!!!

I finally have a shot at steady work from a bonafide business. Two problems, 1. He wants me to weld everything at his shop which I can deal with. 2. He has .045 flux core which I'm using dual shield and the print calls for a 1/2" fillet on the 1" plate. The 1" plate is being welded to...
    See more | Go to post

• Josh, I to am/was a millwright in UAW. Hired in as a journeyman at Maumee Stamping (Ford) closed the plant in '08 and also saw the writing and took the buyout. Took some of the money and bought my grandfathers farm shop and started a business on the side while working out of the millwright union hall...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swyman
    replied to Go portable??
    Portable, That's the problem, I no longer am a Millwright at Ford. I was a Millwright at Maumee Stamping and loved every second of it till they announced they were going to close the plant. I took the buyout since I did not want Ford to decide my fate and tell me I would have to transfer to Kansas City...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swyman
    replied to Go portable??
    Portable Welder, what I am shooting for is to be the next Salenbien Welding. Not to take anything away from these guys, I know them fairly well and have them bend stuff that is to big for my benders and buy steel when I just need a small piece. I envy their operation and how couldn't you when the old...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• FK, I read your post. I am learning a lot on my last 2 posts about the biz. There are many here who have already walked the path I have chosen and I am absorbing all the info I can. I thought that this welding class and certification was the answer, it certainly can't hurt. We are in a tough world and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• It's being powered off of 3 phase now. Machine has more power available off of 3 phase....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Was not sure with the power output. I know the Dynasty is supposed to automatically sense it's input power and adjust. I have it powered off of 3 phase in my shop and was going to make an adapter to plug into the trailblazer if I buy one. Just don't know if it would mess up the electronics in my Dynasty...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swyman
    replied to Go portable??
    I am a Millwright. Served an appenticeship, hired in Ford for 8 years as a millwright, took buyout due to plant closure. Joined Local 1393 Millwrights and piledrivers worked that a year, hired in Ford Woodhaven Stamping as a supervisor and hate it but can't get enough work to support my family.....Yet....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Just wanted to use the TIG without buying all the stuff to do it with the Trailblazer. I would rather have the trailblazer but thought maybe the 3 phase would net me pore power.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swyman
    started a topic Running a Dynasty off 3-phase Bobcat?

Running a Dynasty off 3-phase Bobcat?

I am considering the purchase of a Trailblazer or a 3-phase Bobcat portable to try to get more work. Will a bobcat 3-phase power my Dynasty 350 safely so I will have aluminum capability so I won't have to buy a bunch of attachments for the generator welder to do aluminum? Anyone tried this or have any...
    See more | Go to post

• swyman
    started a topic Go portable??

Go portable??

I have been trying to get my business going for 2 years now. Done some local advertising, went to local businesses and handed out cards, did a craigslist adverisement and........nothing! So now I really want to get serius and out of this factory and do my own thing. I am taking a TIG class at a community...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X