24 results in 0.0238 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• WTF ?!? ?!?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I had wondered about the gas too. I checked the cylinder but it is pure argon. I'm wondering if somehow the cylinder is contaminated. I have yet to try the wire feeder to see if that works with mixed gas but I was mainly interested in tig so I deferred on that trial.
    As far as your operator error...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Yuuuuup. The problem is the ROUGH ARC when I get it to glow. Even when I was a newbie, I NEVER had an arc like that. Something's fubar'd.
    That's my story and I'm stickin to it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Cruizer
    I did all that. NO GO. I tried HF in continuous. NO GO. I tried all polarities. NOTHING WORKED. I had HF. I could hear it. I could feel it. It also darkened my hood.

As that OLD commercial used to say: "WHAT'S A MOTHER TO DO?"
    Oops. I'm dating myself...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I went back to the shop and removed all the accessories so I could verify the power supply. I set it up for stick with 6013 and was able to lay a smooth bead with it.
    I then attached the tig torch and HF unit and opened the gas bottle (Argon). Again, I verified gas flow and post flow with the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RoGrrr
    replied to Aluminium Workshop Bin
    LARGER BINs

I go to scrap yards and one in particular sells things like those aluminum cross-bed tool boxes.

It doesn't matter what it is, all their aluminum gets sold for $1 a pound. I have a number of tool boxes that would sell used for over $100 that I bought for anywhere...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RoGrrr
    replied to Want To Build a Dump Bed Trailer
    Mr Wagner

Thanks for suggesting the vent. I will do that.

The box will be a full size cross bed box so I can put tools and chains and the like in it. Maybe even a chainsaw. I guess I would have to vent the battery directly out of the box so the acid fumes don't rust everything...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RoGrrr
    replied to Want To Build a Dump Bed Trailer
    Hi HMW

Well, I figured that for about a grand I will have my materials to build it. However, if my time were worth 25 cents an hour, I would make out all right on it.

However, they call this stuff hobby, so I will have fun with it and end up calculating my time out to be...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RoGrrr
    started a topic Want To Build a Dump Bed Trailer

Want To Build a Dump Bed Trailer

Fellow welders

I recently bought a dump bed that came off a 1 ton pickup. It is 6 feet wide and 8 feet long, inside dimensions, with a 42 inch high headache rack on the front. Full control tailgate. My plan is to build a trailer frame under it.

I’m from Dayton Ohio, which...
    See more | Go to post

• RoGrrr
    replied to Trail Blazer PC Bord went bad
    What I'm wondering is why they can't/won't repair the board.

I've heard of several other men who have had machines go down bcuz of a bad board and their repair quotes are as high as yours. Fella locally is going to let me look at his welder to see if I can repair the board. If you have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RoGrrr
    replied to Stuck Gear
    Hey Kiwi
    The best procedure I've found is to fill the hole in the capscrew with MIG wire and keep building it up til you can grab it with VICE-GRIPS.
    By the time you got it built up, you have heated everything to the point that the rust adhesion is broken and the hub is expnaded. It will...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RoGrrr
    replied to 450,000 Lb Forge Hammer
    Thanks. I just remembered that when I saw the name "Spook" and realized it.

I'll go there and search.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RoGrrr
    started a topic 450,000 Lb Forge Hammer

450,000 Lb Forge Hammer

Someone here, I believe it was Portable Welder, posted a thread about repairing a 450,000 Lb forge hammer, with extensive pics. I have done a search for it but can't find it.

Fella here at work is interested in seeing how it was done.

Someone posted a link recently but...
    See more | Go to post

• RoGrrr
    started a topic Which Torch ?

Which Torch ?

I'm in the market for a TIG torch and I believe it will be either a WeldCraft or CK. I have a CyberTIG that goes up to 400 amps, tho I doubt I'll run it that high. And if I do, it probably would not be for any length of time. I also don't plan to do any type of production runs.

That being...
    See more | Go to post

• RoGrrr
    replied to tricks of the trade
    When cutting with OA or my plasma, I dump a bucket of sand or kitty litter on the floor. This keeps the sparks/slag from running all over the place. Done, sweep it up and you know that your shop is just a bit safer.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X