No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
142 results in 0.0180 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• im welding mostly 1/8th aluminum, sometimes its the boat hull , but sometimes its a hardened 5000 series road sign.....I fab or a boat blind or a flotation pod or just about anything for my aluminum boat projects.... I have one spool of 1/4 used 5356 in .030 wire....but i was melting my boat faster...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• it would probably be a little more difficult with .035 4043, correct?, im up in my boat, and so a 10 ft lead wouldnt never work..I have the 30 ft 30A now........
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• push pull gun for aluminum on an older miller 250 mig machine

im wondering if an XR30W push pull gun will plug into and work with my miller 250 mig machine. Right now Im using a first generation 30A spool gun. its kinda worn and beat, but still wroks. I see a XR30W for sale and am wondering if using a larger spool of wire and making the guns profile smaller might...
    See more | Go to post

• dvice
    replied to cracking aluminum welds
    i could call....... i tried to search alloy for firearm receiver, and got no where. I dont thiunk they want to divulkge that info...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dvice
    well I just couldnt stand it.... since the Benelli dealer said the factory would NOT sell just a bare reciever... I went back and turned down the power and I welded the crack closed... I I rough machined the weld down....and no crack so far...I have to get the other parts to trial fit how much to machine...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dvice
    I can easily see it is a machined part..... I of course dont know its origin.. it could be billet, it could be forged, it could be cast( i doubt the last part)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dvice
    there was NOTHING to lose trying to repair this reciever... the first issue was contamination.. from anodization UNDERNEAT where I was welding..eventually I sand blasted it..i think it welds fine..it just cracks.. afterwards.. and since it was such a THIN section( thinner than most thinking because...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dvice
    yeah initially the crack would seperate as the edges puddled!!.. and if i didnt get a drop on filler that contacted both sides of the split... the split just grew badly! i dont have the depth of material.....i tried slow at first and it was a bear to get a puddle that lasted....long enough to get the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dvice
    also know that I machine down the weld to the original dimension of the gun, so the other parts fit!!..... the picture just shows the place i gave up at!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dvice
    sorry for the delay, was off work... its a BENELLI SBE2 semi auto. I had ORIGINALLY called the factroy and told them about the crack and the fact that the ID opening in the front of the receiver( right where the threads start) had WORN out so much the mag spring follower( or pusher) would shooting into...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dvice
    started a topic cracking aluminum welds

cracking aluminum welds

Im trying to repair a crack in the aluminum action of my shotgun. it is a thin section over a threaded ID...and since it was a metric square style thread...I left the mating piece in place when i welded the aluminum( mating piece is steel) because i dont have a tap to clean out any deformation in the...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by dvice; 01-22-2019, 11:56 AM.

• dvice
    replied to auto darkening helmet issues
    yeah the technician at speedglass , said I could try turning up the sensitivity.... it was on 2 and he suggested turning it to 3..... there are only 4 settings...

my helmet at home must be on a high sensitivity setting because one time I brought some 500 watt lights over to light my welding...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dvice
    replied to auto darkening helmet issues
    I put two new batteries in it , but I haven't had the chance to try it out yet..... Speedglass offered to sell me a new lens insert assembly for $110 with only a 1 year warranty.......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dvice
    started a topic auto darkening helmet issues

auto darkening helmet issues

I have a speedglass auto darkening SL helmet and in the last week or so once in a while the auto darkening just goes off and I am blinded, then in a fraction of a second it is working again.....but I don't notice any change in the welding power or light......so I was thinking maybe the battery is going...
    See more | Go to post

• dvice
    replied to Miller dialarc hf
    I am trying to buy our HF-p from the company I work at. I have seen them from 1200 down to 300...... I told my boss Id give the company $400....its old technology!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X