19 results in 0.0123 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• kmomaha
    replied to 4x6 Bandsaw Cart
    Tom37

I like your stand. I have the factory supplied sheet metal stand and welded casters to the bottom of the legs. I find that it is really unstable for anything even just moving it and as Monte stated it is the worst in the vertical position. I wish I had widened the stance...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kmomaha
    replied to Saws-All Cutting Jig ?
    I have the band saw but have been moving over to a 4 1/2" grinder with a cutoff disk in it. Also bought a Chinese die grinder off internet for .99 cents + $18 shipping...HA! Use a cut off wheel in it. Kind of like a super dremel tool. I had two Sears die grinders before that and this is far...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kmomaha
    replied to Flash Burn?
    Watched my Granpa weld one day when I was 6 or 7. That night my eyes were like they had knives stuck in them and had the worst headache ever. Folks had to take me to emergency room to get pain shot. Learned the hard way. Yeh! I still tack every once in awhile without the helmet....lazy.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kmomaha
    replied to So what about female welders?
    Great Pieces

I just love your work. Similar to an artist up in Montana that creates the wildlife out of rusted log chain. Been many years so I don't recall the name. Many of the Montana Banks have his work displayed in the front. Lot of Elk and Bison. Banks are good outlets for work...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kmomaha
    replied to Newbie in Oz
    Welcome

Welder was one of the best things I have bought for my shop. Even being in the city I have easily paid for it with just repairs around the house and yard. Not to mention expanding my creativity.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kmomaha
    replied to Finished Welded Art
    Looked over your creations. I assume the refrences were yours. Very artistic. I just don't have the abstract ability for the smooth lines I see in your work. Very nice. Very different. I started out with some sparkplug art and a few things similar to yours. Things kept growing. I like the high...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kmomaha
    I wash the piece in 100% muriatic acid (available at any hardware store). Then rinse it with clear water. It then flashes to rust as it is drying, or I can hasten it by spraying with vinegar. Even let it sit overnight. You get the most beautiful rust. If I don't want a part rusted. I use an artists...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kmomaha
    Seattle Smitty;
    Here is a Facebook site where I have started a photo thread on a repeat of the Beet Harvester project.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=8862cd394e

Let me know if you can't get to it. [email protected]...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kmomaha
    started a topic Finished Welded Art

Finished Welded Art

Here is my latest creation. It is a John Deere 70 tractor with a mounted No.100 one row sugar beet harvester. Titled "1950's Harvest In The Yellowstone Valley".

It is "all" welded with a Millermatic 130 using .023" wire. This was commisioned by a friend who...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by kmomaha; 02-17-2010, 05:33 PM. Reason: Adding URL references

• kmomaha
    replied to Welder diagnosis question
    Wire feed

I have a Millermatic 130 that I was having a similar problem with. I took it in to get fixed as I HAVE to have it slow for my art work. I told them to replace the wire feed liner as I know I had sparked it and froze it internally a couple of times. I noticed that when I got...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• More plasma cutter use

Don't have a plasma cutter yet but am considering one. May be a dumb queston but; can you use the nonconsumable electrode with out the air stream to heat a small piece or area to red hot for forging etc?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kmomaha
    replied to Gun Room Door
    Nice door.

On some pumping stations I worked on out in the boonies they used prison doors and put hoods over the locks. Make the hood small enough that you have to reach up from the bottom on your knees and put two hands in to grab and insert the key. Minimum 1/4" steel.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kmomaha
    replied to "A" Frame
    Wheels

Richard;
    Here is a shot of a smaller one I made out of steel pipe. I made the mistake of making one side non-caster like you were describing and the darn thing would not maneuver very good. Ended up changing out to castered all around. Recommend all casters. Ken...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kmomaha
    replied to Welding Cast Iron?
    Montana Man;

It may be cast steel. Not a whole lot of stuff is made out of cast iron anymore. Cast steel will weld much bettter. If it's Chinese... who knows?

I take it you are from Montana or in Montana. I was born in Sidney, Mt.

Good luck. Sounds like...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• kmomaha
    replied to Welded Farm Art
    Dave; Thanks; Not PKS but Army Corps of Engineers .. just down the street.
    Powerplant Engineering ...Ken...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X