Collapse
11 results in 0.0115 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• mattf
    replied to Need info on Lincoln's School
    If you go the CC route, talk to the instructor about the course. I took a welding course at my local CC and the course description said O/A and MIG. The instructor was a auto mechanic who took this course a few years back. He only taught O/A because the MIG equpment was broken and the college wouldn't...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mattf
    replied to New business, what are you doing?
    I have a friend who does spring & chassis work on trucks. Seems like a nice business. Most of his work comes from truck rental companies and the State. In the winter he does a lot of weld repairs. Most of the state repairs are on the snow plows. He charges $89 an hour here in CT. But most of the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mattf
    replied to Newbie question
    Hey Bjorn, Not so much about the trailer. I just want to practise and do it right. But back to the trailer-I'm assuming the outside frame is mitered 45 deg. Would I also bevel the 2 pieces? It seems I may be getting in over my head a bit about this trailer. I think I will have to put it off for a few...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mattf
    So even if I am welding a couple of 2' pieces together I should bevel them along the whole length? Or will a small gap do the same thing?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mattf
    Do I need full penetration to make the joint strong? I am using argon/co2 with .030 wire. I want to know how much penetration, let's say on 1/8", to have a strong piece.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mattf
    I found this website. It answers most of my questions.
    http://64.78.42.182/sweethaven/BldgConst/Welding/
    Thanks for the info, Matt.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mattf
    So putting a gap between the pieces-is that called an open root?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mattf
    started a topic Newbie question

Newbie question

I have been welding for a little while now( I have a HH 187). I have a question about penetration of the metal. I have been using 1/8" steel and practising welding pieces together. The pieces are butted. I am not sure how far the weld should penetrate. When I weld, should the steel pieces be butted...
    See more | Go to post

• mattf
    replied to Need plans for a MC trailer
    Trailer

Dexter makes torsion axles as light as 600#. I checked out some of the high end trailers out there and they all use torsion susp. Even 7000# horse trailers! I appreciate the help and am waiting near my fax machine for those plans! Thanks again in advance!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mattf
    replied to Need plans for a MC trailer
    Bmxin^Bjorn

PM sent. Thank you for that offer.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mattf
    started a topic Need plans for a MC trailer

Need plans for a MC trailer

Hello, I am fairly new to welding. I have a Hobart Handler 187 MIG. I am planning to build a motorcycle trailer soon and have found some plans online for sale. Unfortunately they are not quite what I want. I want to use square tube instead of C channel and torsion suspension instead of springs. All...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X