14 results in 0.0067 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• craneops
    started a topic Mag Drill

Mag Drill

I'm seriously thinking about a mag drill purchase . I'm leaning towards a Milwaukee. Does anyone have any advice as to if this is a good choice and possibly where to look. I want to be able to use both a chuck and annular cutters. Thanks
    See more | Go to post

• craneops
    started a topic Organization

Organization

I'm tired of dumping pails and cans looking for nuts, bolts, washers etc. I've searched the web for good metal storage bins to organize all my fasteners and all I can find is plastic. Does anyone know of any online outfits that I could visit and possibly purchase metal nut and bolts storage bins. T...
    See more | Go to post

• craneops
    started a topic Mm180

Mm180

I'm curious/confused about the Wire Speed Tracking Mode feature on this machine. The tracking mode on this machine is set to off from the factory. What advantage/disadvantage does it have by having it on? After going through the procedure to turn it on does it stay on, or do you have to do it after...
    See more | Go to post

• craneops
    started a topic MM251w/M25 Gun

MM251w/M25 Gun

I have a MM251 with the factory installed .035 drive roll kit and liner. I would like to install the .023 drive roll kit for the thinner material that I frequently weld on. Do I need to also change the liner? Thanks
    See more | Go to post

• craneops
    started a topic Mig Nozzle

Mig Nozzle

I'm new to mig welding. How should the inside tip of a mig gun nozzle be cleaned after a certain amount of use? I seem to be cleaning it to stop the sputtering more than I think I should. What could I be doing wrong? Could it be I am holding the nozzle to close to the work. I've been using a wire bore...
    See more | Go to post

• craneops
    started a topic Mag Clamps

Mag Clamps

Do these arrow shape mag clamps I see advertised affect the welding process in any way? If not, where is a good recommended website to purchase a set? Thanks
    See more | Go to post

• craneops
    replied to Metal Bender
    Thanks Dave, I'll check it out
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• craneops
    started a topic Metal Bender

Metal Bender

I just received my 20/20 metal bender from ShopOutfitters. I'm looking for books/DVD for beginners on metal bending to help get me on the right track. Can anyone point me to a good source. Thanks
    See more | Go to post

• craneops
    replied to Welding steel cable
    Use a steel cable socket. Pull the cable through the socket, unravel the end of the cable some and bend the strands, pull it back through until it's just under flush with socket and pour the lead to it. Cut the ears off and you'll have a nice flat surface. Or keep the ears on and pin to something. Make...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• craneops
    started a topic What Rod?

What Rod?

I have a implement, attached to a Kubota loader with 5 foot arms ( one fixed, the other swivels back and forth) used at a nursery to pick up balled trees. It has become worn where it swivels in the frame and the customer wants it filled in with weld. Any suggestions as to what I should use for rods....
    See more | Go to post

• craneops
    replied to Gantry crane
    Sorry, misunderstood. I will contact the engineering department and see about the pictures. It may take a little time I retired 2 years ago, but, I'm sure I can still do this. I'm thinking they will want to know about the capacity.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• craneops
    replied to Gantry crane
    Bridge Crane

Been a crane operator for 40 yrs. A 60 foot span on an I-beam would be a little shaky I think. You may want to look into a cab or pendant controlled bridge crane. What capacity crane are you looking for?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• craneops
    replied to AC Welder/MM251
    I was thinking the 30A spoolgun, but will have to wait a bit, it's another thousand. Thanks...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• craneops
    started a topic AC Welder/MM251

AC Welder/MM251

I have an AC 225 Chemtron that I purchased in the 70's. Are they still in business, and if so, do they have a web site. Miller is having a sale until April 30th on the MM251, any recommendations on where I should be looking to purchase? Thanks
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by craneops; 01-29-2007, 04:16 AM. Reason: forgot a letter
Working...
X