24 results in 0.0127 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• tsutt
    started a topic Miller elite

Miller elite

My batteries died so i took the lens out to change them and noticed a crack in the lens, it's in the inside laminate neither of the outer glass is cracked. it has a halo around it. So my guess this isn't safe to use but apparently i have been just don't know how long, my eyes seem fine. My cover lens...
    See more | Go to post

• tsutt
    replied to How do I weld an axle?
    Hey Roy, He's talking about an axle in a differential not a trailer axle.

Todd
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsutt
    replied to Hammer Welding
    It's not really "hammer" welding, it's weld planishing as you weld. originally for gas welding. After tack welding as you weld the seam about an inch at a time you hammer and dollie the weld while hot to stretch it back out and keep distortion to a minimum,and keep things in alignment, works...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JakeSS, What made you decide to change these cables? Was there something that says they are bad? Just curious.

Todd
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsutt
    replied to 200dx
    KB&FATFAB, Tungsten IS the ticket. Worked like a champ, flawless.

Thanks
    Todd
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsutt
    replied to 200dx
    I haven't had a chance to get back on and try a different tung. I'll try it tonight.

Todd
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsutt
    replied to 200dx
    I 'll try the ceriated, i have plenty. I just alway sliked the zirc with the 300 syncro.

Thanks
    Todd
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsutt
    replied to 200dx
    Zirconium tung. grounded directly on the part. When i weld this thin of alum., .050 i grind to a double point so it ***** up small. Been tig welding for 28 years. if i use my 300 syncro this doesn't happen. I can weld all day without regrinding the tung. as long as i don't contaminate it. it's something...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsutt
    replied to 200dx
    If i regrind the tung. it works fine, starts instantly welds beautiful but after a few starts and stops it doesn't like to start again.

Todd
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsutt
    replied to 200dx
    I need to rephrase the statement. the hi freq is working but an arc won't start. I can sit there and just hold the hi freq on with the hi freq arc jumping but no welding arc. No timers. I don't think mine has a spot timer. no preset just pedal action.

Todd
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsutt
    started a topic 200dx

200dx

I am having hi freq starting problems. I'm trying to tack weld an alum gas tank together and i can get 6-8 tacks before it stops working. I have one of the earlier models, however the board has been replaced. Has anyone actually solved this problem? I'm getting really tired of this. The machine works...
    See more | Go to post

• tsutt
    replied to coolant pumps
    Jerry, Is that procon quiet? Really quiet?

Todd
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsutt
    replied to coolant pumps
    Thanks guy's, I was looking for something to just replace the pump itself and not the motor. And i thought maybe someone here had already done something like this. I'll be checking out several options.

Todd
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsutt
    started a topic coolant pumps

coolant pumps

I built a shop made cooling system for my 200 dx using a spare miller (Oberdorfer) pump. man is that pump noisy, yes it was, is new. is there any pumps out there that are quiet? The dynasty is quiet and i would like to keep it that way. I hate air cooled torches. Any one?

Todd
    See more | Go to post

• I had the Hi freq quit on mine, didn't work at all. It was on of the caps. Bought a used one from a local miller place that does repairs and works fine now. It's the only thing that i've ever had a problem with on this machine.

Todd
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X