No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
500 results in 0.1578 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I think if you buy it right, it's a very good option. It's 30 amp machine, and will cut about as well as a Hypertherm, Esab, Victor. Torch is a bit large, and it really won't have a good as view of the arc as a Hypertherm 30XP, or Victor 42

I know with a Zoro tools discount ,and Miller...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied to Changed wire
    Welding machines seem be in the mix too. Not saying the WA.alloy is good, but I have had rolls where it worked decent.. In fact I think I sent off a roll to Dan at one point? It was the weirdest roll I used. It would go into a almost spray while in the lower short-arc modes..

That said,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I would give Miller a chance to make it right.. Everyone as a DOA at some point. It's how they handle it that matters most.. You bought quality, and it will extent to the support too.. Generally Lincoln/Tweco/Victor, Esab will also handle things like this correctly.. It's not some cheesy fly by night...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Scott V; 05-19-2015, 09:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied to new millermatic
    Because you kill off a machine that sells well. 211 would be history.....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied to HTP or Miller??
    I agree with that. The HTP 221 has some nice features the Miller does not have. So you gain in the area of performance. Not everybody cares for how the Dynasty 200 welds, so you might what to try them both, to see what camp you fall in.I believe you can return the HTP, if you do not like it. Hard to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied to what machine
    Miller would have to weigh in as far as reliability of those two. I would suspect the Shopmate 300 has a edge for two reasons. It would never really get bumped around like the portable machine would, and is a less complex design. Has a excellent mig arc, and different then any Miller transformer or...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied to Miller Shopmate 300DX
    Never liked the 251 either. Just weird to me.. Turn it up, and just somewhat mushy for lack of a better term. Electronic arc comes to mind... At least with a MM-350p it's a driving arc with some power behind it. In my mind the 251, and 252 have never matched the short-arc of the MM-200.Shopmate 300...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied to Shop heater?
    I run a pellet stove/electric,and propane. Generally stick mostly with a older Austroflamm for almost all my heating needs. There are pellet stoves, and there are Austroflamm. built is 92-93 and never one issue with it.....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    I run a Tweco Eliminator torque assist gun with my LF-72 feeder. It's got a great standard aluminum arc. That is comparing it to many welding machines I have used or owned. It's just a solid, and fairly simple machine to use. Does nice on the arc starts on aluminum, and everything really. I really...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Just so you know, I have that exact same generator in my storage. (my friends) I did adjust the HZ to factory specs, but it performs well with the plasma, and Inverter mig machines I have plugged into it. It's clean enough power to work just fine IMO.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    I have mine plugged into a 60 amp 240 volt line. Might need more if you are carbon arcing, but I highly doubt it. I have a 100 amp too but never needed it. I rang it out with some .052 dual shield just to see how it would do on power. Maybe if you did a lot of this, you might need more breaker. again...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    Just a 30A spool-gun would be pretty good,(Plug, and play) Many options as far as Push-pull goes.. I run a LN-25 pro on mine for a remote feeder, and just jumper the 10 pin contactor Spool-gun contactor for power. RCH-14 control would be best for 50 away from the power source. I also have a Lincoln...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• You need to plug it into land based power, and try it. Does your Generator have a floating Neutral or are the Ground, and Neutral bonded together? It should be the later. Ohm meter will tell you that info....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied to tig machine
    On a side note. (I think you have good insight into different machines) Do you have the Shopmate 300 DX setup for Mig welding? I am interested in that aspect of that machine.. I welded just a bit with one in 2007, but it had a 8vs feeder on it, and I would of preferred using it with a cable control...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied to air carbon arc gouging?
    .070 is about as close as I can tell.. Get you real close anyway. The lower (Aluminum on the K-2000) pad unscrews on this unit. It has the holes in it. Might see if they would interchange with the K-4000 pad. Might be a simple/cool fix.. It's good for 450 amps.....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X