No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
23 results in 0.0069 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• The joint<s> need to add up to .109". Most people making manifolds do not make their flange joints full sized. They throw down whatever looks pretty doing two passes on a 1/16" rod, or one pass on a 3/32" rod. The welds do not flow to the size needed.

If the exterior...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Toysrme
    replied to welding auto trans cases?
    First determine exactly what metal composition the case is. (As best as possible). Clean it with simple green, or whatever you like.
    The last thing you do two minutes before you go to welding it. Use acetone to REALLY clean that grease up. Start welding as soon as it evaporates.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Toysrme
    replied to Got my Chinese Tig/Plasma 56k
    Cellphone pics are blurry...

1/8" mild steel, paint not cleaned off.

Same 1/2" piece of mild plate as the last cutter.

3/4" mild plate. Aint gunna happen, but if you have ALOT of patience & don't...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Toysrme
    btw, cuts like a champ. Used it for about an hour today.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Toysrme
    btw got the machine back & a pack of consumeables.
    Cost me $14 to ship it USPS Parcel post with insurance & confirmation.
    He shipped a new machine & torch out the next day.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Eaaaasy fixes!

First. The blade tension is basically as absolutely hard as you can get it hand-tight, without resorting to using a cheater bar for leverage. That'll fix alot of the blade issues.
    Second.
    A) Those carbon steel blades all bandsaws come with last 0 time, cut...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Now I'm all for presenting all sides of a discussion. But justin... Prefering a chopsaw over a bandsaw for header fabricaion. Son there is no way on Earth anyone would ever choose the world's highest quality 14" chop saw over the cheapest Chinese 4*6" bandsaw with a bi-metal blade on it for...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Toysrme; 01-29-2007, 03:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The green ones are crap, the red ones are the same as the Grizzly & other copies. The problem with the HF machines are they're very weak motors. They tend to have little power output & burn up. You'll use it afew times, then walk away during a cut only to come back with a melted gearbox/motor...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JET has a copy of those also....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• My vote. Skipchop saws all together. If you need it cut & welded a chop saw is not the way to go.
    Buy a bandsaw. The cuts are quicker, easier, and infinately more accurate.

Oddly, to quote myself an hour ago on a car fourm where this question of 14" chop...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Toysrme
    replied to Bobcat propane conversion
    Eh. personally I wouldn't do it on a skid-steer type machine unless it had a turbo & you were after more power. Propane by itself doesn't have the energy density that diesel fuel will have. You'll wind up loosing some power runnign straight propane.
    Where propane is really affective is when...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Toysrme
    Played with it this morning & it quit working. No HF, no arcing, the O/C (abnormal) led came on. We troubleshot it abit & I'm just gunna send all of it back for a new one + more consumeables.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Toysrme
    Feel free too, but not everybody's so rich LMAO!
    Says he'll send me a new one. Right now... I'm just going to plastic weld/CA it back together so I can play with the ****ed thing this weekend. lmao!

It's just a plastic switch so... **** if all that ever breaks is a switch, I'll...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Toysrme
    Ran it on 220v dialed all the way up to 40amps & 57psi of incoming pressure.
    Made one cut in 1/2" mild steel plate (Measured 0.504 - 0.494 on the digicalipers).
    Looked like this. I could have travels slightly slower & it would have been a slightly better cut.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Toysrme
    Seems OK. I swapped the hose clamps for the hose going from the regulator to the machine (hose barbs hold it on) to some 3/8"- 1/2" T-bar hose clamps.
    Swapped the inlet to the regulator from a metric hose barb (***) to a standard brass 1/4" air hose inlet. Tapped the regulator...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Toysrme; 01-25-2007, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X