No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
90 results in 0.0094 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Not to be rude in any way but I think part of your problem is the size of your sander I have a 2" belt sander with the rubber wheel and it is one of the most used tools in my shop. I used it everytime I cut a bracket, gusset, or anything else that is small enough to hold. A quick buzz with the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dabeldesign
    replied to New Truck Rack design
    That's not a bad idea but all the ones I have ever seen are galvanized or plated. I would rather not spend the time sanding/grinding that off and/or breathing it while welding.
    I just bought a 20' stick of 1/2" rod for a few bucks (can't remember exact price) and I have a simple jig on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dabeldesign
    Yes it is for stiffening. Also, I originally thought I could put another hook on that plate but since I decided to make it out of 1/8" plate, I thought it might be a little weak. I could always make it out of heavier plate but I thought this way would be easier to form and just as stiff (with...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dabeldesign
    I will check that out. Thanks DSW!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dabeldesign
    I absolutely agree! I need to figure out what the weight limit should be exactly and maybe, if I really get into selling these, I can stamp the max weight into the rack.

Thanks for all the advice and input guys! It's interesting to see other people's views and knowledge from around the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dabeldesign
    That was and still is a bit of a concern. I left enough room on the mounting brackets to drill a hole and mount through the bedrail at another point but this way was surprisingly strong.
    I agree with you completely though that some idiot would overload this thing and expect me to fix it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dabeldesign
    with 20' sticks of steel there would definitely be a problem with this rack. I only built the front part that protects the cab, not the full rack like you have so tying things down is a bit different.
    More tie down points will definitely go in the revised design. Thanks for the advice.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dabeldesign
    The height of the top is a bit of a compromise between looks and functionality. It still works good in my opinion but for just a work truck for a contractor, a little taller would probably be better.
    As far as shipping goes, it just fall under the 130" max (length+girth) for UPS. I wouldn't...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dabeldesign
    Which part? I'm open to critique ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dabeldesign
    thanks for the advice. I don't think I'll really be going into any production. This is just a design that can be manufactured quickly and somewhat cost-effectively. I've sold some simmilar models to people who asked me to build them but I'm such a tiny shop there is no way for me to do anything on a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dabeldesign
    Chain links are not a bad idea. I thought about using D-rings but that is a little over the top. I've only ever used hooks like this. I didn't put much thought into the height and placement of the hooks though but that seems to work.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dabeldesign
    Noted...Anyone else?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dabeldesign
    started a topic New Truck Rack design

New Truck Rack design

I just finished this new rack design for late model Chevy's and eventually other trucks. I kept the design simple and somewhat lightweight so that it can ship UPS. (I'm going to try and start selling these but that's not why i'm posting it here)
    The rack mounts to the front stake pockets in...
    See more | Go to post

• dabeldesign
    replied to Food Grade requirements??
    I am posting this info by permission of Calweld. I thought this info was very relevent and I wanted anyone else who was curious about this topic to be able to read it:

I worked years ago for a conveyor-equipment manufacturer; anything food grade had to meet CEMA (Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dabeldesign
    replied to Food Grade requirements??
    Calweld, PM sent. Thanks again for the info
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X