16 results in 0.0066 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Scuffy
    started a topic Odd slag issues

Odd slag issues

Hi all! Came across something while welding yesterday that I've never encountered. Long story short I'm building a tube frame for my '73 CJ5. Reason being- I want something strong enough to hold a Cummins 4BT.

A buddy of mine just pulled a couple hundred feet of appx. 1 7/8" gas...
    See more | Go to post

• Scuffy
    started a topic DialArc 250 question for ya!

DialArc 250 question for ya!

Howdy all! it's been many moons since I've been able to post here due to work. It's also been many moons since I've been able to weld due to work! lol Well lately business has been so dead I've considered bringing my welder to work, keeping it the back room and working on a few projects here and there....
    See more | Go to post

• Scuffy
    started a topic Thunderbolt blues arise again!!

Thunderbolt blues arise again!!

Hmmmm... this doesn't look good for the ol' Thunderbolt guys. I had been welding quite a bit earlier today. Nothing large, just a few 3"-8" beads on a bumper that I was fabbing for my jeep. After each weld I would stop chip off the slag an wire brush everything- thus giving the machine a break....
    See more | Go to post

• Scuffy
    started a topic Thank you!!

Thank you!!

Yeah.... I finally got to try out the Thunderbolt with DC current and it was niiiiiiiice. I had to stop and wipe the drool from pooling in my helmet!

Sorry, that's about it. I just wanted to say thanks for all the input guys! That is all, carry on.

Scuffy
    See more | Go to post

• Scuffy
    replied to Thunderbolt Blues... :-(
    Okay- I found the problem! After trying all different combinations of disconnecting things to isolate the problem, thinking it was the DC side or the AC componants I still came up dry. No idea as to why I was tripping breakers instantly upon turning the power switch on.

Called Miller's...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Scuffy; 02-02-2007, 08:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Scuffy
    replied to Thunderbolt Blues... :-(
    Sadly enough Don they probably could! It irks me that I can't figure it out. There's not much to the thing- cables, transformers, linear rectifier and selector switches. How much could go wrong? Then again maybe I don't want to ask! lol
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scuffy
    started a topic Thunderbolt Blues... :-(

Thunderbolt Blues... :-(

Alright. Well the good news is that I got the parts to fix my Thunderbolt. Bad news I've got another problem. Maybe it's just the same- it won't work! I had to buy a new selector switch, fan blade and a amperage selector crank (with the little plastic gears behind it).

When I took...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Scuffy; 01-31-2007, 08:54 AM.

• Scuffy
    started a topic AC/DC Question

AC/DC Question

Hmmm.... still waiting on parts for my Thunderbolt to come in. Hopefully today is the day- I'm gettin' pretty antsy.

Until then I've got another question for ya! Weeding through the threads I've noticed that whether it straight or reverse most with the capability seem to prefer using...
    See more | Go to post

• Scuffy
    replied to Who might be a machinist...?
    Hey Tom! I guess you may be the person to ask this of then. Do you happen to have the 4240 unit that these fit?? Secondly do you know if the regular threaded cutters Milwaukee makes would fit another arbor?? I'm new to the whole annular cutter area!

Thanks-
    Jake...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scuffy
    Also, here is a link for the threaded version of the cutters that I have. This is one of them I'm curious as to using another arbor on.

http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/weba...goryId=127418&...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scuffy
    jf- Sorry about that! The machine in question for use with the older cutter was a Milwaukee 4240. I've found parts list and references like that across the net but no bones on the real thing. Here's a link to the older style "quick change bit" that would fit it.

I can't find...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scuffy
    started a topic Who might be a machinist...?

Who might be a machinist...?

Well, time to harrass the masses! Are there any machinists in the house? Here's my dilema- I have three Milwaukee Steel Hawg annular cutters that I've inherited. Got them at an auction and they did not come with an arbor. Milwaukee would love to sell me one for over $200 but I was curious as to whether...
    See more | Go to post

• Scuffy
    replied to Cold weather stick welding??
    Wow! Thanks for all the responses guys! It really is appreciated. The wait continues though. Hopefully I'll have my Thunderbolt by the end of the week. It's already driving me crazy! Nothing like doing something you love outside AND freezing your butt off. The north coast is gonna get it this week,...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Scuffy; 01-15-2007, 11:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Scuffy
    Howdy Bob! I'm actually up here in Ashtabula. Good to see some local representation! :-) Hope ya keep afloat!
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Scuffy; 01-15-2007, 11:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Scuffy
    TJ- Thanks a lot man! I kinda figured as much, it seemed like it was common sense but being fairly new to all of this I wanted to check it out first. Although a slightly different situation I like to adhere to the"Measure twice and cut once." mentality!

I'll get some pix posted...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X