Collapse
53 results in 0.0411 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• shade tree welder
    replied to Plasma Cutters
    I will agree with MMW on the 875 torch cable,mine is the same way, I only had it about 3 months I am thinking maybe over time it will loosesn up.
    But back to the subject of plasma cutters I luv my 875 it will cut 3/4" material you just have to move alot slower than with oxy-ac torch....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shade tree welder
    replied to Pipe Welders
    I do not mean to step on toes but I am not a so called "pipe welder" by profession,I do three or four of these type projects a year out in the field .
    And I will say it is an art to stick welding pipe,nothing you will pick up overnite,but if you do it every day you will eventually...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shade tree welder
    replied to Pipe Welders
    Yes that is cut,clean ,grind a bevel fit up( no pipe clamp Just wrestling it with a frontend loader in to position3-6 ft. in the ground,mud ,water, no suicide box but good tapered back slopes) and tack then weld out.Also this pipe has a epoxy food grade coating on the inside and a epoxy coating on the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shade tree welder
    replied to Pipe Welders
    Most of these are cut and bevel(with torch, no bevel machine) and in position then welded to either pre fab 45 degree els or 8 hole 150# flange,downhill root and hot,uphill on cap and grinding in between passes. No x-ray but a city inspector checking every pass for cleanness and porosity and undercut...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shade tree welder
    started a topic Pipe Welders

Pipe Welders

One of my customers is complaining that it is taking me to long to weld up a
    8"x.322 wall steel pipe: (used for city water lines),6010 root,6010 hot and 7018 cap,it takes me about 1hour 20 minutes from start to finish. Any of you pipe welders does this sound about rite? I personally think...
    See more | Go to post

• shade tree welder
    started a topic Stainless steel welding

Stainless steel welding

A customer of mine owns a car wash in town,he brought by a s-steel pump motor rack that was made of 2" X 1/8" square tube. He needed to extend the 4 legs 4" taller and cut the rack down to a smaller size.I cut the legs in half and added a 4" piece in between and cut the other 4...
    See more | Go to post

• shade tree welder
    started a topic Calling Blackwolf!!!!!!

Calling Blackwolf!!!!!!

My customer finally got the trailer to my shop today,starting cutting out bent crossmembers etc.,What temperature did you preheat to and did you postheat? I have a roll of Pinacle, ER90S-B3 hard wire on hand I mite try that out on one crossmember and let it cool down and see if it cracks out past the...
    See more | Go to post

• shade tree welder
    replied to Heavy Haul Trailer
    Hey sonora are you refering to the steel cracking along the outside of the new welds?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shade tree welder
    I meant some type of high tensile steel ,sorry about that. Ilooked on the loadking trailer website states 100,000/80,000 ksi steel
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by shade tree welder; 03-22-2010, 02:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shade tree welder
    Actually i missed all the fun,they had the trailer at their shop this mourning. One of the mechanics said everybody (law&railroad people)was on the scene .Good part no other vehicles were involved, the driver was shook up a bit from the sudden stop ,couple cuts on the head from the steering wheel...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shade tree welder
    started a topic Heavy Haul Trailer

Heavy Haul Trailer

One of my customers called this mourning,their heavy haul truck took out part of a rail road crossing! Truck loaded with a cat345 trackhoe,boom laid down in between the main center beams of the trailer,well when he caught the track doing 30 mph it stopped the truck almost in its tracks.Well the backhoe...
    See more | Go to post

• shade tree welder
    replied to 3035 spoolgun hookup
    3035 spoolgun

Yes Railman I would like to see how you did it. Pictures are worth a 1000 words!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shade tree welder
    started a topic 3035 spoolgun hookup

3035 spoolgun hookup

I purchased a 3035 spoolgun this week to do an aluminum repair project that was to much for my 180 tig ,(and direct hookup to my 210)the material was too thick and would put the 180 over its duty cycle with constant welding.
    I checked the hookup chart on the miller weld site and they show...
    See more | Go to post

• shade tree welder
    started a topic +Phase converters

+Phase converters

I know this is a little off topic on this forum, but wondering if anyone out there know anything about phase converters. I have a shot at picking up a good used 14"x 36" lathe from an old friend of the family at a steal of a price!
    Problem is it is 230/440 3 phase electrics. I do not...
    See more | Go to post

• I have to agree with Desertrider33, you are gonna need more air than what this compressor can put out.Compressors in my opinion are just like the plasma cutters they are "overated for thier capacity". And also remember water seperators on the plama cutter,they do not like moisture. Motorgaurd...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X