Collapse
16 results in 0.0127 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Sparky C
    replied to GTAW welding - puddle fizzes
    When tig welding pipe in the field we always purged the pipes with shielding gas so when the heated gases inside would be forced out during welding it would be shielding gas not air (oxygen and nitrogen).
    Just a thought.
    Spar C
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sparky C
    replied to Certifications?
    I was just looking into getting certified for aluminum tig for a job, here is what I did;
    Went on the American welding society web site, found a local welding school( in my case it is WTTI were Iwent to welding school in the first place)
    It will be approx. $20.00 per hour, and 40 to 60...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• So many people trying to advise you not to fabricate a pressure vessel, yet your doing it any way.
    A freind of mine , also ex coworker was beeing advised not to do something related to his carreer by freinds and professionals, he did it any way, now he is in jail for killing and maiming a few...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sparky C
    replied to Which welder??? Help!!
    I think you need at least 400 DC amps to run 1/4" carbon arc rods, you can get gouging tips for a plasma that does the same thing without as much smoke as the carbon rods. I use them with the Hypertherm 900 I have at the shop, you just turn up the heat and turn down the air pressure.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sparky C
    replied to new welder new project
    Nice trailer, mind if I borrow your concept?
    I'm about ready to trash the trailer I have now.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sparky C
    replied to Welding Helmet ?
    I've have the speed glass helmet with the three cartraige air filter pack for about 7 or eight years and I love it when I have to work in semi confined areas, it cost the company like $800.00 for helmet and filter pack combined.It hangs up next to my $24.00 jackson I always grab for first for most...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sparky C
    replied to I wonder....
    I agree Miller is best by rep, besides I have yet to see Lincon welders on any of the TV shows. Leave em on the shelf at Home depot.
    I'll buy Blue.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sparky C
    replied to Trailer parts in canada?
    Try Redneck-trailer.com ?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sparky C
    replied to Air compressor tank
    Might want to add a releif valve of some sort,since you already built one,in the heat of the day the pressure will increse.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sparky C
    replied to Air compressor tank
    Once had a PVC 6'" end cap blow off while pressure testing at 70 p.s.i., it was very loud and painfull as I recal. that was plastic, yor talking steel at 120 p.s.i. ...... might want to consider the 30 doller one at pep boys, or the used truck air tank.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sparky C
    replied to AC Welder/MM251
    I buy all my equip. and consumables from Messer GTS, they always have that modle on sale. Not sure if they have a location in your area though.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sparky C
    replied to Welding silver and gold
    I have a dynasty 200 DX and it is nice, cost 2500.00 on sale 2 years ago. Now they are about 3000.00.
    Havent tried to weld jewlery with it ,but it goes down to 1 amp, not all machines do that, I would get ahold of a miller catalog to check out the other machines that might have the amp range...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sparky C
    replied to Pipe Templates
    Now thats slick.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Good one, Thanx.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sparky C
    replied to Pipe Templates
    One way is to hold the pipe you are saddling 45 deg. to the base pipe, using a pair of divders and a soap stone attached to it, follow the contour of the base pipe with pointed leg of the divider while marking the saddle pipe with the soap stone leg. this works with same sized pipes or different sized...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X