289 results in 0.3780 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• yorkiepap
    replied to generator
    Hey l*david,
    I use a Generac 8kw(10k/surge) on my mobile unit that runs everything with no issues. I got it at Lowes for $1300 incl. tax with my "senior" discount. Excellent rated unit as pre-purchase research indicated.

Denny...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hey hisey,
    The advice & settings SundownIII gave you are correct. To get a nice outside corner, you need to do some serious practice to learn the technique. It is not hard.....so don't make it hard. I make a lot of custom crafts & polished alum. D/plate show car accessories & use...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hey Al,
    I have Cut60J consumables. I can't remember if I posted them on this forum. I bought a TD Cutmaster52 & sold the Cut60J & kept the consumables. PM me what you need or I can send you the whole package if you want.

Denny

Update: Here's a couple pics...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by yorkiepap; 12-04-2011, 10:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• yorkiepap
    replied to AL Tig with SS Appearance
    Hey magix,
    If you are making good, sound alum. welds, I wouldn't have a real concern that it looks like TIG. I know of a couple alum. railing shops that produce the "TIG" look with a spoolgun & one that bought a CKSystematics WF-1 from me for that "look". They are a production...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• yorkiepap
    replied to ? need advice
    Hey mx842,
    I got this one at a Lowes near the jobsite I was at when my old one quit. The price was $1349 & they gave me a "senior" discount that paid the tax......I liked that. Bear in mind that there is another Generac unit, the XP8000, that has an additional filtering circuit...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hey Dave,
    All the equipment on my mobile unit are powered with an 8kw(running)/10kw(surge) generator without any issues & (3) of my welders are inverter. My older 7.5kw finally gave out after 1783hrs & I replaced it with an 8kw Generac. The new unit runs smoothly, much quieter than my...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• yorkiepap
    replied to ? need advice
    Hey Cummings,
    For a minimum, I would suggest at least a 7.5kw(running) unit & preferably a bit more if your budget allows it. My older unit(blue one) was 7.5kw that finally gave out & I replaced it with an 8kw(running)/10kw(surge). Also, a brushless unit delivers a much smoother output....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hey Andrew,
    You may get a response if you would enlighten the forum regarding:

1) Thickness/grade of material?
    2) Process used?
    3) Filler(grade/thickness)
    4) Equipment used? Output power? Gas?
    5) Cleaning process used?

There are no...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hey Pipedream,
    I have a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52(60A) that I use several times a week on production runs that has performed superbly since I got it last year. It is made in the USA whereas the 42 is imported & some may take issue with that. It is still warranted & serviced by TD,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• yorkiepap
    replied to New to welding
    Hey Walter,
    Not to piddle on your Wheaties, but you need to take a welding class, either a vo-tech or college class to get a grasp on the gamut of variables that come into play when welding. You need to get an understanding of the various metals that may be used & the myriad of configurations...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• yorkiepap
    replied to Harbor Feight mig welder....
    Hey Laird,
    There have been "hot" MIG units made for many years & they are really not a problem if you use some common sense & take precautions knowing this condition exists. Yes, the older HF units & the older Chicago Electric units made in Italy were "always hot"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• yorkiepap
    replied to Outboard Motor
    Hey Kent,
    If you simply place your ground connection close to the welding area, you should not have any issues as current travels the shortest path. I have done several repairs on boat motors with no issues as long as the ground is kept close.

Denny
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• yorkiepap
    replied to Rifle Rest
    Hey 11b,
    Nice job & design. Here are a few variations I make. The most popular is the "field" unit with detachable bench base. It can be used on a bench or in the field & has a belt clip to carry easily & adjustable for prone or sitting. Maybe give you a few ideas.......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• yorkiepap
    replied to Another cast alum project.
    Hey Bob,
    I'd wager that you used your "3035" spoolgun with 4043 wire.....

Denny
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hey justweldn,
    I use 98/2 w/.030, 309L, @18cfh for all the SS restaurant repairs I do weekly & the material ranges from .045-.125". I have a dedicated 220v MIG unit for just those repairs as they are a continual job. They are all short-circuit welds & work quite well as I've never...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X