Search Result

Collapse
30 results in 0.0213 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• tomkp,

I am no engineer by any means, but I do have some on the job experience with similar equipment. If I am incorrect, I apologize, just trying to help you out.

Your generator should be on AC, and that amperage would be set quite high. Go on google and search for "AC...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RTCmiller
    replied to Guardrail Specs - Help!
    Thanks for all the replies guys! This railing does have a toekick already attached as indicated by the pink lines on the drawing. The toekick will be 1/4' x 4" flat bar, welded to the uprights so as to create a OSHA safe toekick. The guardrail will be 42" in height, measured from the top surface...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RTCmiller
    started a topic Guardrail Specs - Help!

Guardrail Specs - Help!

Hey guys,
    Here is my question: I am helping design/fab a mezzanine for a customer, and we have four sections of railing/guardrails that are removable. I am wondering, what is the maximum and minimum spacing between the rails. I have searched through a fair amount of OSHA documentation, and have...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by RTCmiller; 08-26-2013, 05:21 PM.

• RTCmiller
    replied to Beginner Welder here...
    Hey all,
    I live in Mcleod county here in Minnesota, and there are a lot of companies within half-hour of home that are hiring, paying anywhere from $12-18 an hour, depending on experience. No guaranteeing you anything Albert, but it might be worth a trip out here to check out some opportunities....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Off hand, i would say that it is simply picking up particles from the torch, etc. Also, did you leave the cap off for a long time/ possible get dust in the coolant? Then maybe it could be mold of some kind?!?! just saying
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RTCmiller
    replied to Xmt 304
    The XMT 304 is a great machine, you have many years of great welding with that machine ahead of you. We used XMT 304's at the school I went to, and they were the toughest, best welding machine I have ever used. Good Luck to you!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RTCmiller
    replied to miller helmet/sweat
    HAve you tried a new pair of batteries? Same thing happened to my old mans helmet, new batteries did the trick
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RTCmiller
    started a topic 5G pipe weld problems

5G pipe weld problems

Hey everone, im in welding school right, and i am doing a 5G pipe weld, 3/32" 6010 ROOT, 3/32" 7019 fill on 6" sched. 40 pipe. My problem is, i can get a nice weave cover on the top 75% of the pipe, but the bottom of the pipe, i cant get a decent root or weave cover. The rest of the pipe,...
    See more | Go to post

• RTCmiller
    replied to Firestorm grinder died today
    Buy a Dewalt 4 1/2" 11 Amp grinder with a paddle switch if you want quality. Mine ahs been heavily abused and it still works perfect. I paid $85 for mine from Northern States Supply.
    I dont know about everybody else, but I like having a paddle switch on mine grinders
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RTCmiller
    replied to What's the best MIG machine?
    Personally, I would buy an XMT 304 or 350, a 70S wirefeeder, and an aluminum feeder with a push/pull gun, or you could also go with a Millermatic 350 and an aluminum spool gun or push/pull gun
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RTCmiller
    replied to Wrought Iron Fence
    Wow thanks for all the great replies guys, it sounds like overall, if i build the fence behind the clear zone, into the property, i will not be liable for some idiot who happens to hit my fence.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RTCmiller
    replied to electrical question
    Conduit Size

I looked up the NEC (National Electric Code) and they said that it will legally fit into 1/2" EMT, but it will be a fairly hard pull, especially if you have any bends in your run, so I would recommend a 3/4" EMT for your wiring. PVC would be a poor choice becuase...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RTCmiller
    started a topic GMAW-P settings

GMAW-P settings

I have been doing a lot of GMAW-Pulse at my school lately and I have yet to get a good grasp of how to set the machine up. We have a 70 series feeder hooked up to a XMT-304 with a bernard Q-gun. i am welding on 3/8" plate with 90% Ar/ 10% Co2. So far i have found that about 225 wire speed and trim...
    See more | Go to post

• RTCmiller
    replied to Need some advice
    I'm in the same boat, I graduated from welding school in the spring, and I have been looking for a job since. I haven't found anything, so I went back to school for advanced welding and basic machine tool. I have been keeping busy in my garage, and I recently got a job doing a wrought iron fence....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RTCmiller
    replied to Wrought Iron Fence
    Thanks for the input guys, I live in Hutchinson Minnesota, and yes, i was meaning hit the fence with a car.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X