Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• patrick
    replied to Aluminum Bead
    aluminum bead

hood l
    over the years i have fought the same thing from gas to tung to material /i have always figured it out over time / that is why i usually use test pieces ( some times alot)/miller brad gave you most of the good things to try and i can't add much to that except...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• patrick
    replied to tig with C25
    tig gasses

yes you would just mess up your tung. and maby a cup or two and the weld/
    99 % of your welding would be covered with pure argon/i know you are wanting to melt some metal " rat now"but do yourself a favor and wait for the right gas /good luck and happy TIG'ing/NOW...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• patrick
    replied to OT bolt question
    ot bolt question

monte 55
    to start i haven't talked to you before but i want to thank you for all the info i have stolen from your threads/ it sure made my life easer/your answers have always calm and to the point you area true gentleman/now to the question: i would go to AN grade...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• patrick
    replied to aluminum high frequency
    aluminum hi freq. tig

metalmeltr
    to answer your question NO al does NOT have to be welded that way at all/i do it because it is easer and has better looks especilly on the thinner stuff/thicker stuff i prefer mig just me again but years ago(and it has been more than i want to remember)i...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• patrick
    replied to Tube Notcher - Which one?
    tubing notcher

jranoa
    if you want some info. from and old f--t that has been doing this for more yrs. than i want to admit ?i agree with most of the pro advice you are getting but i am not real fond of the hole saw cutters( just me nothing wrong with them)you did not say what wall...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cast pump rods

muskt
    i have used both rods with equal results on cast but it is a crap shoot as to what was in the pot when they cast the part / i usually start with 4043 and then go from there/ your prep is great/the main question is what was it pumping / cast sucks up alot of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• patrick
    replied to Auto Darkening Helmets
    optrel satelit

rocket
    i got my first one about 4 yr's ago put it in the sun for 2 hrs and have never looked back/ i don't know if it was necesary but i did it from my old miller's spects / what could it hurt ?/got a chance to buy another one at a bargin from another student...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• patrick
    started a topic admin/ cc plug ?

admin/ cc plug ?

admin.
    my name is patrick and i am a "renewd"member (long story: i bought a dynasty instead of new puter).Thanks for the help getting me back online.
    Question:several times i have seen people that are in my area looking for places to learn welding technology.I am a student at...
    See more | Go to post

• patrick
    replied to Fixing Cast Aluminum
    cast al

backbeat
    in my exp. O/A is much harder to weld cast with because al when heated forms a coating on the surface(i have to get the book /i think it is an oxide)hence the need for flux.that has to go before it will weld.tig uses high freq. it almost looks like it is sand...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• patrick
    replied to hi, new to welding
    new to welding trying again

anthony
    please try
    Grayson County College
    Allan McAdams (the best of the best)
    (he has the asw stamp and can cert. you)
    welding technology professor
    email:[email protected]
    Cell(903)271-0722 (who else gives...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• patrick
    replied to hi, new to welding
    new to welding

hi anthony welcome to the HOT world of melted metal
    you have already gotten some Great advice. LISTEN to them. they have been there and done that and hopefully gotten paid for it ( that is the good part)
    I was a little ahead of you at a point in time (14 )and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• patrick
    replied to Fixing Cast Aluminum
    fixing cast AL

backbeat
    clean clean clean /and i am not talking just brushing and chemical
    i know this may sound hard but from the looks in the picts it seems fairly thick and rough surfaced so try sanding a groove on both sides and clean at least 1/4 " from the crack...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• patrick
    replied to Chrome Moly tube welding?
    go kart

rod burner
    are you sure it is chrome molly ?
    i have been around karts since 1959 and 4130 frames are rare there are some but very few (cost)
    probably won't matter though 1016 and 4130 have been put together before just get the right rod/i usually pre heat...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• patrick
    replied to TIG Foot Control
    stick rods

toybilder
    what a great way to start/build your own pedal/ a word of caution on the rods before you throw something at the wall and give up on stick /if the 7018 rods have been out of the box for 48 hrs pitch them unless you built an oven also/i'm sure you can/ i'm a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• andy /better you than me/hang in there

andy
    i am a semi new forum person but in the last two years i have seen a change from HELP to crit.the questions .you hit the nail on the head."WHY "are the threads so vindictive now ?i think it is because the job source is drying up and the welders are mad and scared of the future...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X