No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
104 results in 0.0227 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Been a whiile since I've visited eBay, but didn't they, at one time, list the questions asked the seller and the responses? I seem to recall seeing a such a list of questions and responses appended to listings a couple of years ago.

Someone should ask what brand/model the welder is. If...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TomVeatch
    replied to Sub-$100 Dry Cut Chop Saw
    Not necessarily. If you bought it for a production shop, then, yeah, you might deserve taking a hit or two. But for a project tool, it may work out quite well. Not ALL HF tools are complete junk.

Those little 4x6 bandsaws aren't rocket science, and, I think most, if not all, of them come...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TomVeatch
    replied to Sub-$100 Dry Cut Chop Saw
    Jack, I have no quibbles with anything that's been posted. I know that I'd never do that to my SCMS, and I do think you've underestimated the cost of repairs.

Your profile doesn't say where you're located, but if it's within driving distance of Wichita, KS., come by my place. I have a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TomVeatch
    replied to tip always hot???
    Normal. At least it was on a little C-H 120v model I had until I gave it away. The owners manual even admitted it. So I guess it was normal....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TomVeatch
    started a topic Should I? or Shouldn't I?

Should I? or Shouldn't I?

OK, I'm going to let my ignorance hang out for everyone to see. Been tossing around the idea of adding a plasma cutter to my collection of stuff. I'm a hobbiest, farm/home repair type who, 1) rarely works with anything over 1/4" thick, 2) has no idea what the heck he's doing, and 3) just a little...
    See more | Go to post

• TomVeatch
    replied to Repair of Welding Cables
    I picked up my Thunderbolt from a pawn shop. The cables were spliced/extended and "insulated(?)" with duct tape. I replaced them before the first use. You can certainly see some strange and scary things....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TomVeatch
    replied to Dual Bottle Rack for MM251
    I really can't speak to the MM251, but my MM180 has what's called "Miller's exclusive "Tip Saver" short circuit protection" that shuts the welder down if the tip shorts to the work. I believe that also prevents you from welding when the welder case is grounded to the work.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have the same welder. I think you'll be happy with it. As far as your question on wire capacities is concerned, you're pushing 10ga pretty hard at 50 amps and you'll get more than 2% voltage drop over your 75 ft distance. 8ga would be better and the voltage drop would be right at 2%. (assuming 220-240...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I don't normally run a kill-file, but that thread induced me to start one. Not a troll? If it quacks like a duck...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Don't feed the troll.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TomVeatch
    replied to copper fumes?
    According to that MSDS for Copper Metal, "Use only with adequate ventilation". So, if any of you are running electrical circuits for your welders, be sure you don't do it with copper wire in an enclosed area!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TomVeatch
    replied to which one
    I will second Sundown's comment - at least the second half. Their customer service has a very good reputation, and my experiences with them have been excellent! I bought a horizontal bandsaw from them that was a lemon, but customer service went further than I ever expected to address the problem....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TomVeatch
    replied to which one
    I'm not familiar with either of those drill presses, but I've been using a Jet JDP-17MF drillpress in my shop for a few years now and am fairly well pleased with it. I don't know what the differences between that and the 15" might be, but from the product photos, they appear to be very similiar....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TomVeatch
    replied to Hey! a fantastic idea
    Reported a couple of Prescription spam messages over in the Projects forum earlier today. Just checked back, and those threads are gone. Can't say that it was my reports that did it, but...

Thanks, Moderators!!!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TomVeatch
    replied to 180millermatic
    I have one in my farm/home/hobbiest shop and am very pleased with it. So far, it's all been .030 solid wire/C25 gas without wire speed tracking and nothing thicker that 1/8". It's laying beads that I'm almost not ashamed for someone to see. And for me, that's saying something!

As...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X