Collapse
19 results in 0.0061 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• crzdriver
    replied to Bullet proof grinders
    We have been using the 8.5 amp models. I found a 12 amp on Grainger for $175. Kind of pricey unless it lasts longer. Worth a shot. I've had these things get into shirts and jackets with brush cups, and me the guys have walked away with some good marks. I don't want my guys getting torn up by a...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by crzdriver; 02-16-2009, 10:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• crzdriver
    replied to Bullet proof grinders
    Not when I have to lug the thing around all day. I have a 7", and it kicks my butt after a while. Can you shoot me a model number on Milwakee?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• There are many different kinds of driers. We actually have a refridgerated air drier in my shop, but this would be overkill for what you want. They work when the air passes through them. I'm not much for some of Harbor Freight's products, but you can get one from Parker, Goodyear, Aeroquip for not...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• crzdriver
    started a topic Bullet proof grinders

Bullet proof grinders

I have burned up the last milwakee 4 1/2" grinder that I am going to use. I have stripped pinions, burned arbors, you name it. We used to use Bosch the last place I worked, and I don't remember having near the problems. I just got the okay to buy two more, and I want to get something good. ...
    See more | Go to post

• crzdriver
    replied to Welding brass
    I'll post some pics of this thing when I get a chance. Thanks for the input.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• crzdriver
    started a topic Welding brass

Welding brass

I was pulling apart a sweep blade on a garbage truck today, and noticed that the carriage supports has brass wear shoes welded to the steel frame. I've seen a lot (I thought), but I've never seen this. A mechanic told me that they have some machine over at Tyson that uses brass wear shoes welded to...
    See more | Go to post

• crzdriver
    replied to Welding certs-journymen
    What do they put in your drinking water?!!!

That´s really cool, though. That attitude thing goes a LONG way. So does pride in your work. I trust you will do well, and again, good luck!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• crzdriver
    replied to Welding certs-journymen
    I have a 225, torch, etc., and I´ve mainly been doing truck frame and body repair. For that a 20 ton jack, some drops of heavy lumber, and a good 3/4" gun with an air compressor will get you a long way. My problem right now is that the economy is sitting on its ear, and nobody can really afford...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• crzdriver
    started a topic Cast problem

Cast problem

I'm trying to repair a pair of exhaust manifolds off of an inboard 350 c.i. I'm using a nickel-ferrous rod that I have used with great success on other castings and manifolds. However, on these particular casting, I'm having porosity problems and cracks around the weld (I am preheating the whole thing)....
    See more | Go to post

• crzdriver
    replied to Structural Steel Cert
    Thanks for all the info! I'll get it done by next week and let you guys know how it turned out.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• crzdriver
    started a topic Structural Steel Cert

Structural Steel Cert

I'm finally getting my structural cert, and I had a few questions before I dove off into the deep all by me onesies. I'm doing the unlimited thickness on 1" plate. Vertical up, 1/4" root with 1/4" backing plate and 60 deg bevel, 8" long.

I'm worried about warping....
    See more | Go to post

• crzdriver
    replied to constrained joints
    More data! I finally made contact with the manufacturer. The shaft is 4041 surface hardened to I don't remember what. It's a spindle off of an 18-wheeler. The plate is plain old A36. They sent me a detailed weld procedure that didn't detail filler (figures). Anyway, you nailed it, they said the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• crzdriver
    replied to constrained joints
    I can't figure out how to upload a picture, so I'll do my best. Take a piece of plate and lay it on a table. Cut a four inch hole in the middle and remove insert. Lay a shaft inside the hole and butt weld the back side. The design of the part makes it impossible to access the back for a fillet weld....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• crzdriver
    started a topic constrained joints

constrained joints

I'm welding a four inch solid shaft from an 18-wheeler hub to a half inch mild steel plate. There is a hole in the plate, and it's a butt weld around. This thing lasts about two months before the cracks are visible again. It keeps breaking at the interface with the steel plate. I'm welding it with...
    See more | Go to post

• crzdriver
    started a topic lincweld problem

lincweld problem

I know this is a miller-sponsored site, but I'm grabbing for straws on this one. I bought a lincweld 225 a while back off e-bay (I know, not very wise), and after countless problems, I have the unit in my possession with way tooooo much money spent. I got the motor running, but now I have nothing...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X