No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
5 results in 0.0063 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Hey guys, that Argon tank turned out to be the problem. It was contaminated somehow, and that's why the welds came out so bad. I hooked up a new tank, and everything is good as new! Thanks for all your help, I hope this helps someone in the future!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Also, the machine is on AC high frequency, and the aluminum peices and aluminum rod are the exact same peices that I welded with no problems at school. I am using the EXACT settings on the welder that I used at school without any problems. The welding supply guy also told me that I might have to clean...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks a lot for the input, guys. I'm ruling out the tungsten grade and the cleaning of the Aluminum for now because I am using the same grade tungsten and same preparation methods at school and the welds are coming out perfect. I asked my welding supplier today, and he said it is most likely that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Well, I might think that things were dirty too, but it just doesn't make sense that I prepared the peices the exact same way in both instances with the two different welders (I brushed the aluminum with a stainless brush) and in one instance the weld looked perfect and the other one looked like crap....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Problem with Contamination in Aluminum Welding

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me figure out the problem I'm having with my TIG. I have a Miller Syncrowave 250 at home, but I also am using one at school, and I am trying to weld Aluminum. At school, when I weld aluminum for practice it comes out really nice, but when I do it at home...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X