Collapse
11 results in 0.0060 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• dilligafri
    replied to Need Red Parts
    Only pushing 030 solid wire Can't believe the liner is bad with how free the wire slides by hand. Machine is mostly used for body panels in a body shop with an occasional chassis job I put the liner in not that long ago and it always ran fine untill this breaker problem which gets worse as the motor...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dilligafri
    Will have to try with drive open. Liner is OK as I can pull wire freely thru it Tried larger breaker and run time is longer untill motor decides it doesn't want to turn anymore and gets real hot as in too warm to leave your hand on. I can get entire drive assembly with motor and gearbox for 550 but...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dilligafri
    Dave...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dilligafri
    I can agree with the mixing but would I still see a ghost with the motor out of the equation and using a load to replicate the drive motor? Sad part is the motor and drive seem to run fine when connected up to a separate power supply. Wire feeds smooth and easy with no drag thru the liner.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dilligafri
    In playing with it today I have to wonder if the drive is the problem or a result. Electronics guy helping me out was checking voltage and amp draw and we found there was AC present in the DC motor feed lines. Starting to look like a control board problem. Any other ideas cruiser? There is some wear...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dilligafri
    Before I buy a 400 motor I would prefer a 100 motor and also want to make sure the board that drives it is OK. I'll gamble with 100 but not 400 on a 1980s machine
    Dave
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dilligafri
    Just got off phone with Grainger They have no cross reference but can match something if I can get specs
    Dave
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dilligafri
    started a topic Need Red Parts

Need Red Parts

As usual the red forum is no help so I'll try here. Got an old sp-200 wire machine and need a drive motor. Can't see paying $400 for it from red and comp that made motor has folded and I can't find any specs.
    Info I have from motor is

Jones Instruments
    Stamford Ct
    See more | Go to post

• dilligafri
    replied to Need thoughts on gas drive
    Yes I am here in RI. Been welding for myself as a part time thing for over 20 years while working a job with benefits and pension. Most of the time it is construction equipment and tow trucks but now we are getting into snow plow season. I keep getting the itch for that new TB 302 since I saw one...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dilligafri
    replied to You might be a weldor if....
    With the weather changing I remember a cop driving by when I was on a roadside job in the winter. He stops to tell me I was on fire and I told him I was just keeping warm. Silly boy
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dilligafri
    started a topic Need thoughts on gas drive

Need thoughts on gas drive

Hi New member here. After 22 years with a legend and no problems I find myself needing more aux power. Brand new machine idea (TB 302) gives me a chubby but checkbook says no. Currently I can buy locally a 225NT bobcat, 8 years old with 900 hrs for $900 or a Trailblazer 280NT with 400 hrs for $1800....
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X