448 results in 0.2568 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• turboglenn
    started a topic Hypertherm powermax 45 for sale

Hypertherm powermax 45 for sale

If this isn't allowed please excuse me and delete it, but I'm in a bind at the moment and need to sell some thing to fix my truck.

ive got a hypertherm powermax 45 with around 5 hours tops on it. (Maybe 2.5-3 hours arc time) Hence why it's for sale, it just never got the amount of use...
    See more | Go to post

• turboglenn
    replied to Magnet Causing help1 Error
    Yea, it's pretty common for a magnet to interfer with the arc and it's behaviour. I try and use them only for the tacking and keep my tacks fast and as far from the magnet as needed to have the least interference.

I can't tell you the what's whens and why's or the reason it happens,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• turboglenn
    replied to Filler Rod HELP
    If you're just trying to make lathe or mill tooling the carbide tips aren't welded on they're brazed with O/A most of the time. Tigging that would be a PITA when it comes time to change out the carbide. Just throw some flux on both pieces, get some of those little flat pieces of brazing made by the...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by turboglenn; 07-20-2009, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• turboglenn
    replied to .120 Mild Steel Tubing Help
    Hmmm... I always get less of a crown with the pull so i had to check some references and alhough it does give better penetration (as stated by you, I and references i have found) the pull technique has always given me a lower profile and less rounded bead. Now i'm not argueing as there's too many variables...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Good info, and good to see that some one who didn't know what to do or where to start was able to thoroughly troubleshoot and fix the issue. I've used quite a few sync 250's in my limited years of TIG welding (5-6 tops) and I have felt a few of them that were really difficult to switch between polarities,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Interesting, and just happened to be on one of the few times i miss Muscle car or the whole power block all together

On a side note, he any relation to Bill Nye? LOL
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• turboglenn
    replied to Tungsten contamination
    I don't know about everyone else but every cutter i've tried either splits or splinters the tungsten up to the point that i have to grind a bunch more off (unless i use a die grinder with a cut-off wheel) So i just lay it on the table with the contam'd part hanging off the egde and give it a light tap...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• turboglenn
    replied to .120 Mild Steel Tubing Help
    Well this is a long shot and ASSumes everything else is set correctly, but besides the tip have you tried using a "pulling" technique instead of pushing the bead? It will penetrate deeper and have a lower profile bead compared to pushing it. And it is just like it sounds, instead of walking...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• turboglenn
    replied to Noobs resource help
    Look for a place called "Metal Supermarket" they are a nationwide chain with stores in most states, they sell short lengths and can source most any metal you need and the ones i've been to were all priced better than any other place in town. Too bad the local one went bankrupt..I was sharing...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by turboglenn; 07-17-2009, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• turboglenn
    replied to Tungsten contamination
    I'm not sure but it seems that the contamination at the "lump" actually gets into the tungsten because i have notices a decreased weld performance when just re-grinding an area that was blobbed with filler rod or base metal.

I took the tip from a book or website some where to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• turboglenn
    replied to ? for the turbo guys
    I ALWAYS butt weld them for a cleaner look. I don't like the expand and slip joint look in the engine bay.

As for V-bands, they are the ultimate in securing piping IMO, but for a lot less money you can keep the silicone adapters and use good T-bolt style clamps on them, I've had T-bolts...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• turboglenn
    replied to Intercooler flange
    I'm the same way and that's what lead to my business heading more towards fab and custom parts rather than just a welding service...when i started advertising and putting the word out people would come to the shop and see all the cool stuff i build and then after whatever basic weld they wanted they...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by turboglenn; 07-06-2009, 09:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• turboglenn
    replied to Intercooler flange
    that's really nice work... What did you use to make the perfect circle from whatever you were whitlin at them with?? Because outside of CNC i can only think rotary table as far as what i have the capabilities to do ( i'm thinking mill, pantograph or drill press) Those are like V-band quality, you could...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by turboglenn; 07-05-2009, 10:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• turboglenn
    replied to Generator as Power Source
    Well, Since you didn't state what size of welder you want to run I'll throw in my .02 cents. I had the same desires for generator welding out at the track after reaching an agreement with the track owners i then set about finding out how to do what you're asking on MY budget.

What i...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• turboglenn
    replied to Flying Project
    Man, it's great to see this still going...
    Very nice work Monte!
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by turboglenn; 07-05-2009, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X