86 results in 0.0075 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• tsalagi
    replied to What kind of bolt?
    i would go with galv.
    ****, any problems just buy a scarfing tip.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsalagi
    replied to Plasma cutter help please.
    call me old fassioned but, unless you are cutting thin guage or stainless, use a torch. really, what's the big hurry?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsalagi
    replied to Long Welds
    i do alot of long welds and the first thing i can say is if you brace with a wrist, forearm, elbow, whatever, don't put your weigt on it. just use it to steady the other hand. as for making restarts look good stop on your starts.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsalagi
    replied to another question????????
    i use a #10 gold glass. get glass and pollycarbonate clear lenses on each side of it. my shop won't let anyone use less than a 10. like fun4now said, a well lit shop helps alot.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsalagi
    replied to stick welding cast aluminum
    thamx guys but, i did the usual thing and dove in head first.
    i bought some aluminum rods, turned the machine up to about 115 and blew a big honkin' hole. great! i turned it down to about 105. jammed the rod deep in the puddle and it all came out fine. filed and sanded it to match the rest of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsalagi
    started a topic stick welding cast aluminum

stick welding cast aluminum

i don't do aluminum, i hate aluminum, now, i have to do aluminum.

i owe someone a big favor and this is what they ask of me. oh well. anyway, my machine is a miller shopmate multi-process. good machine but, it's only dc. as much as i don't like it, i have been known to tig aluminum but,...
    See more | Go to post

• tsalagi
    started a topic spool gun questions

spool gun questions

i never have done aluminum but, i'm thinking about getting a spool gun for my machine so that i can. first, i have a few questions about spool guns and aluminum.

if i was to get a bernard would it take the same consumables?
    does aluminum gunk up the liner like stainless,...
    See more | Go to post

• i do alot of stainless. don't be scared to crank your gas up. 18 sounds like it's a bit low turn it up to 35 or better. stainless warps real bad so, watch the pre-heat. i tig stainless low heat you really don't want a real fluid puddle like carbon.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• all a pedal is to me is just an arc starter. i do alot of out of position so, i have about 4 diferent ways i hold the torch. this might be something to take into consideration.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsalagi
    replied to Reciver tubeing
    i saw in a magazine where a guy took a 48 inch piece of 2 inch square tubing and welded a piece of 1/4 inch plate on it then mounted his vise on the plate. he just sticks it in his reciever and has it long enough that he can still let the tail gate down.
    just something else you can do after you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsalagi
    replied to Keeping my driveway clear
    is it's name "stew"?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsalagi
    replied to Tig Grinding Wheel ???
    hey wheelchair,
    glad to see i'm not the only backwoods around. i found out that if i use a wire brush that has been used on carbon on duplex i'll get rust on that weld. if i use a 302 stainless brush, it's all good.
    fun4now asked a good question. how do you keep a steady arc if there...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsalagi
    replied to Wire Feed Problem
    when was the last time you changed the liner? if it was recent, did you maybe put a kinck in it?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsalagi
    replied to Need Some Advice On Welding Table
    i have my welder on a stand in the center of the shop about 2/3rds back. the remote, or feeder if you like, is on a separate cart with casters. i can reach every corner of the shop.
    if your wire spool goes directly inside the machine, then i would say build a cart to drag the machine and bottles...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tsalagi
    replied to Tig Grinding Wheel ???
    i guess i'm a bit crude
    i just chuck my tungstan up in a cordless drill and sharpen it on my angle grinder. i guess it ain't perfect but, i havent failed but one tig x-ray.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X