Collapse
16 results in 0.0110 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• gym2
    replied to You might be a weldor if....
    ymbawi: Your friends don't invite you over their parties anymore because every time they send you out for some Miller, you always come back with something big and blue that gives them more of a jolt than they had in mind - especially when they try and drink from it!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gym2
    replied to So what about female welders?
    Ah yes, but there WOULD be ricochet!
    .....and Dabar, what beautiful work to be a part of![/QUOTE]

I am very familiar with ricochets as they seem occur quite close to me every time I fire up the old Trail Blazer to engage in my "art work"! Beats me as to why...?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gym2
    replied to So what about female welders?
    Defintion of Art

Weldress: As another member has already said - WOW! Although I can't define art - I know fine art when I see it! Your work is most certainly that, and is the best I have ever seen.

I now know why the folks at work refer to my "art" variously as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gym2
    Not only a cult - it's also philosophy!

I am sure with you on that description!

The other day I was listening to some "Old Time" radio station that was playing an "old time" Bob Dylan song, "Tangled Up in Blue". Now what pops...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gym2
    You are right! There were no injuries except for the bumper of my wife's mini-van, the dust layer on the hitch of the Dodge, and finally the drivers licence of the young proprietor of "Don's Chair Repair" who must not have been able to wait till he got to the bar before for enjoying his version...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gym2
    You know you are definitely a welder if you can some how notice a rusty old 1997 Ford F250 driving in the opposite direction because it has a brand new Miller "Fire Storm 5000" on the back BUT you can't seem to notice the brand new Dodge dually 1 ton driven by some young punk (with hat on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gym2
    replied to Update on new machine
    We got our TB last year and I am still in love with it! Our old reliable bobcat is still a very good unit, but as the TB is SO SWEET the old bc has - as SSS has mentioned - been given a new assignment as stand-by power. Even 7010 Hyp+s run as if from an electric glue gun with the TB. I think bbfarm...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gym2
    A guy knows that Fun4now and JonnyTig are absolutely correct about the content of those things, but the MSG must numb that understanding at the point of purchase.

About 2 months ago while waiting in line at Costco I made the wrong (for me) decision to go back and grab 2 commercial size...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gym2
    10-4 JonnyTig! It's great to find fellow Calgarians on the board. As soon as you mentioned "Hot Rods" I knew without looking that you were a fellow Albertan. Aside from welding, Hot Rods are my one big addiction.

Pretty much every morning I find myself in line at my local 7-11...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gym2
    The Other Guy MBAWI

You know the other guy MBAWI: you ask the clerk at the 7-11 for some pepperoni sticks aka "hot rods" and he gives you a handful of 7018s fresh from the hot-dog warming unit!

In fairness to the clerk he knew YMBAW because your...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gym2
    replied to Another New Member
    Welcome Bill,

I too am a junior 50 year old which is better than being called a "young twerp"
    member I guess. I however an not a welder but do get to play one after work - if you saw my workproduct you would figure that out real fast. However I am the first to say that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gym2
    Same here! I gave the family a demonstration - ONCE! Now if I even make the slightest move towards my nose I find myself instantly alone - even the cat gives me the "you pig" look!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gym2
    When you are at the bar having an argument with your buddies, and you give the guy who just accidently ran a lit cigarette into your hand a "dirty look", and without missing a stroke, you just keep on talking!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gym2
    Small world!

Last week I asked one of the guys to take the "BOBCAT" ( as in Miller of course) down to our well testing guy so that he could use it to run a submersible well pump. So an hour later what do I see but our Case 1845 siiting by the well with a long extension cord...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gym2
    RaceBronco you have hit the nail on the head!!!

I wish I had become interested in welding long ago as now I can spend many happy hours at the mall checking out hand rail welds, roof truss connections and even (I never thought I'd say it) trying to decide if the welds on the clothing racks...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X