Search Result

Collapse
136 results in 0.5286 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• MetalMan,

I have an older Syncrowave 250 and a few years ago I had to replace the solenoid valve. Have you checked that? If I remember it was not too expensive and simple enough for me to change out....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb4rt
    replied to WeldingWeb Forum
    I’ve been having problems with WeldingWeb.com the last 2 days.

It only says Maintenance is going on.

is anyone else having a problem?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb4rt
    replied to used syncrowave 250 value
    That seems very high to me, too. Mine was fully loaded and less than $1000. It's a great machine.

A new Syncrowave 210 is $2750 or so with a free MIG expansion kit. Not sure if that is enough amps, but something to consider before paying that much for a older, used machine.​...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb4rt
    replied to 211 or multiprocessing machine
    I have used the Multiprocessing one time. It is a nice machine, but I would prefer dedicated machines that do 1 job very well, instead of one machine that sort of does 3 jobs. It is kind of like the old Shop Smiths - never did anything very good, and just as soon as you changed the table saw to a lathe,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hi, Landon.

I'm not an electrician, but since no one else has answered, I'll add what I can. I have a Sync 250, running it plugged into a 50 amp circuit with 6 gauge wire. I'm just a hobbiest, but haven't popped the breaker in 2 years of running it that way. I would just put a plug on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I'm just a hobby welder, but I've been MIG, stick, and TIG welding for about 8 years now. I'm hoping to get the hang of it before too much longer!

Can I weld? Yes.
    As well as I would like to? No.
    Am I a welder? No, not yet.

Point is, you can weld...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb4rt
    replied to Quick question!
    Don't worry about it. No long term effects. I've been doing that since, . . .

uh, I've been doing that since, . .19 hmmmm.

uh, uh, uh. I've been doing that since, . . . uh, well a long time and it's not affected me none!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I'm not an electrician, but I have wired my shop for welders. You are correct. Two hots and a ground (not neutral).

240v across the hots, 120v each to ground.

You can derate the wire size for welders, but it is good practice to use the correct wire size for the volts.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb4rt
    replied to Bead doesnt want to connect
    Are you closing up a tube or something? If it is the last weld, the hot air from inside the tube will expand out the hole if there is not vent and is hard to close.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb4rt
    replied to Should I keep my stick welder?
    You could use it to learn scratch-start TIG that you can use on steel. Fairly cheap to get setup. I started with my Tbolt and now have a Syncrowave that I use more than my 211.

Just saying . . .
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hey, Shadow.

I am a fellow hobbiest and been trying to learn this for several years. I will say a couple of additional things. I use my abrasive saw for a few things like tool steel and my Evolution Rage saw for most mild steel. But my favorite is my small 4x6 bandsaw. The cheap one from...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb4rt
    replied to Home hobby welding
    I also suggest you buy a Miller 211.

It is as easy and fun as any welder you will buy and it will handle anything you find in the future, short of skyscrapers and bridges.

The 110v and 220v option is very convenient for hobby welders. Plus with the Autoset function you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb4rt
    replied to Choosing a TIG Torch
    Depends on your budget. You really need a water-cooled torch (WP20), especially on aluminum.

Do you have or planning to buy a cooling system? Lots of thread around on how to build one yourself, but a good used one may be cheaper.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb4rt
    replied to Sync 250 issue - KA755791
    I'm just a hobbiest, but had mine for over 18 months, and used it quite a bit. I have never had a single problem with it. I just wish I was good enough to use it to it's capability.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb4rt
    replied to Sync 250 issue - KA755791
    Hey, tbert.

I've got that welder's younger brother (KF859913) sitting at my shop. The face and everything look exactly the same. I doubt the innards changed much from yours to mine.

Mine welds great (me not so much).

If you want to pick one question or area...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X