Collapse
91 results in 0.0065 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Iron man
    replied to Truck-dump conversion ?
    I have installed a few of the kits from northern tool for a land scaping crew, they use them daily and havent had any trouble with them. I think the kits were around $1500 each different prices for different tonage.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I use pure co2 all the time on thick or thin steel with no problem other than a little more spatter.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Iron man
    replied to local black smith teacher?
    Hey glad to see you sticking with it, one word of advice though don't wear a glove on your hammer hand. Thats a good way to loose the hammer and hurt yourself, plus you will have much better feel and control without it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Iron man
    replied to Bird nesting problem miller 140
    your wire could be sticking in the liner or the tip. try to loosen up the wire tension a little bit so if the wire hangs up the rollers will slip on the wire instead of trying to push it out where ever it can.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Iron man
    replied to Question for old timers
    I use a #13 anything less and my eyes start watering after a while, I think they are sensitive LOL but I am only 30 I am sure that will change in a few years.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Iron man
    replied to local black smith teacher?
    What size tongs did you make? did you forge the rivet or bolt them or use a pre-made rivet? just curious
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Iron man
    replied to 9-11-01 The Death Of A Bilding
    On 9/11 when I heard the news, I was welding bomb tail fins for the u.s Airforce and Navy. At that moment it made my job worth somthing. true what I build can cause death and devistation to other countries, we have had alot of people quit because they felt guilty for building destructive weapons. But...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Iron man
    replied to ceramic heat sink
    You can find the puty that is used for sheet metal mostly, just enclose the enitre weld area and it keeps the heat from going past it. so it dosent warp.
    you can find this at eastwood.com
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Iron man
    replied to Oxy-fuel aluminum welding
    Great job, I have tried that a couple of times with no luck I think I was using the wrong flux. It must be a rare process when I went to the weld supply store they said they have never seen it done or couldnt tell me what flux to use. Then the tried to sell me a tig LOL.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• It is a shame to see such poor workmanship on such a classic vehicle
    I have had several of those broncos still have one, they deserve better LOL
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Iron man
    started a topic spool gun

spool gun

I understand Airco welders are or were made by miller is this true?
    I have an Airco dipPak 200 I would like to find a spool gun for this new or used any ideas on where to look?
    See more | Go to post

• You said the front of the springs are cut blunt and just held by the clamp,
    maybe when the trailer bounced or was jacked up the spring could slide out of the clamp without the chain keeping the axel from droping to much
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Iron man
    started a topic Cars

Cars

Here are some pics of two cars I painted last year. The Nova is a 1970 SS.
    the red one is a 1964 chevelle malibu SS which the owner decided to do away with the SS trim for some reason so I had to weld up all the holes .both were disassembled
    for paint, both have new quarter panels welded...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Iron man; 08-08-2007, 05:55 PM.

• Iron man
    replied to eye opener
    I like some of you agree with most everything that has been said, I dont think this thread was started to point out one person nor to discriminate against age. It's more about attitude, willing to learn, and being able to take advice and put it to good use. it's also about more than just welding, like...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Iron man
    started a topic Science class

Science class

Just a simple question, I use pure CO2 on my migs instead of mix. I think co2 stands for carbon and oxygen but not really sure didn't pay much attention in science class. I notice some people use c25 is this just carbon if so what does the 25 stand for? or are they talking about 25% as in 75% 25%...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Iron man; 08-05-2007, 07:57 AM.
Working...
X