Collapse
42 results in 0.0198 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• outlaw
    replied to millermatic 250 problems
    welderboyjk, the brake on the spool isn't tight, the rolls are new, and the wire moves freely through the gun when disconnected. never thought about checking the wire in the gun when disconnected, thanks for the advice,,,

cruizer, will put a new cleaner on minus the oil, and will try...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• outlaw
    started a topic millermatic 250 problems

millermatic 250 problems

I've been having problems with my machine not welding worth a darn. It acts like a wire feed problem as it stutters when it starts or after it starts it feels like it's dragging and starts stuttering again. I've installed a new liner, drive rolls and tips and it's still acting up. We use .035 ER70S2...
    See more | Go to post

• I agee if you heat it by welding then let it cool,,, it will move. You could make your flanges a bit thicker, bolt or clamp it down, weld it then let it cool. Then if it has warped to much take it to a machine shop and let them grind or mill it flat,,, Outlaw
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• outlaw
    replied to self employed welders
    I have a welding shop in southeast TX. that has 2 full time employees and myself. We do fabrication and repairs on all types of metal and equiptment and work hourly or by bidding. A couple of things that I have learned is that your time is money, whether it's out in the shop working or behind the desk...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• outlaw
    replied to Thanks Andy and Miller
    Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks. I ordered a hat, about a week ago I got a shirt that my old lady decided was hers and that's ok. A little while ago she called me and said she had picked up another package from Miller which has a hat in it,,, now I got both,,, question is,,, ya want...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have a doall saw in my shop that is at least 10 years old and I
    gaurantee you could'nt put all the steel that it has cut in my shop
    which is 7500 sq. ft. It will cut so thin that it will curl as it is being
    cut. Yes they are expensive but for everyday use they are worth...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• outlaw
    replied to Plasma Cutter
    Have had a hypertherm powermax 1000 hooked to a cnc cutter for 4 years
    or better. only had 1 problem with the machine the cooling fan went out and couldn't have had better support from hypertherm helping me find the problem
    and getting the parts to me . The consumables are reasonable...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• outlaw
    replied to Plasma Cutter
    Have had a hypertherm powermax 1000 hooked to a cnc cutter for 4 years
    or better. only had 1 problem with the machine the cooling fan went out and couldn't have had better support from hypertherm helping me find the problem
    and getting the parts to me . The consumables are reasonable...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• outlaw
    replied to Spoolmatic problems
    Hey, thanks for the information,,, been messing with most of the stuff yall suggested except for the larger tips. Do yall run enough tension on your spools to keep it from backlashing? I'll get some bigger tips and change the liner when I open up tomorrow. The rig is probably about 5 years old and really...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• outlaw
    started a topic Spoolmatic problems

Spoolmatic problems

I have a spoolmatic 30a hooked to a miller matic 250 that is used for aluminun and am having some problems with it. We use either .035 or .025 wire and have the drive rolls to match, two things are happening, it's either burning off inside the tip, or it acts like it's pulsing while your welding and...
    See more | Go to post

• i've got a hypertherm and that is used on a daily basis and am satisfied with its performance and the support i get from hypertherm,,,never heard anything negative about either cutter you are looking at so good luck,,, i think you'll be satisfied with either,,,later
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• outlaw
    replied to Compressed Air
    i do believe you would be better off with a compressor cause ya don't want to mess with the bottles and there is a lot more things that can be done with a compressor,,, so if your budget can handle it go ahead and spend the money for a compressor,,, you'll be glad ya did,,,later,,,
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• think you'd be better off with an air compressor,,, i tried the nitrogen which works well but the hassle with the bottles ain't worth it,,, i used a 6 pack of bottles on mine and running the plasma at 70 psi it don't last long,,, put you a good filter and some drains on your line,,, and possibly a refrigerated...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• outlaw
    replied to Speedglas or miller helmet ?
    i have a speedglass 9000v which is used daily,,, it's a good hood and clear,,, but have to admit,,, the headgear sucks,,, also,,, anyone had trouble with the glue sticking to the clear lenses??? later,,,
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• outlaw
    replied to round stock/flatbar bender
    you can find them on ebay but they will be like the one homier sells,,,so be careful there,,, shopoutfitters.com has the one i'm saving my pennies for,,, and if ya wanna spend more $$$ check out hossfeld benders,,, it just depends how much $$$ ya wanna spend,,,later,,,outlaw,,,
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X