Collapse
310 results in 0.2333 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• piniongear
    replied to hole saws
    I have to wonder what the possibility is that you may damage or ruin the tank?
    A 6 inch hole saw mounted in a hand drill is going to be a brutal experience!
    I agree with others that you should just take the tank to a shop with water jet or lazer cutting service and let them do the work.....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• piniongear
    replied to hole saws
    I have to wonder what the possibility is that you may damage or ruin the tank?
    A 6 inch hole saw mounted in a hand drill is going to be a brutal experience!
    I agree with others that you should just take the tank to a shop with water jet or lazer cutting service and let them do the work.....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• piniongear
    replied to tig
    I would strongly recommend saving up a bit more money and buy a Miller or Lincoln product.
    When the day comes that you need parts or service, and that day will come, Miller and Lincoln will be there to take care of the problem.
    Perry
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• piniongear
    replied to O/A welding aluminum
    When I was a 17 year old motorcycle racer I worked at a BSA motorcycle shop in Houston Texas.
    I broke a rod in my BSA Spitfire scrambler at a race and the rod punched a hole in the bottom end cast aluminum crankcase.
    The hole was about the diameter of a golf ball.
    The owner of the...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by piniongear; 07-21-2017, 08:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• If you are certain your drag tip is firmly touching the metal when you make the cut,, then the next step is to call Miller customer service. They can help you determine the problem
    Perry...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have owned a Spectrum 625 X-Tream for some years now.and have experienced the same problem a number of times.
    The fix is a replacement tip.
    Also, a faulty ground connection will give you the same problem but my money is on needing a new tip.
    Do not over tighten the tip.. Just snug...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by piniongear; 07-15-2017, 05:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• piniongear
    replied to Tig torch problem
    Thanks Ryan (and all of you guys) for the comments.
    Ryan was correct...... I had a cracked cap which failed to tighten down on the collet....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• piniongear
    started a topic Tig torch problem

Tig torch problem

I have a CK Tig torch that has the adjustable head.
    The problem...... It is almost impossible to tighten the tungsten down.
    I screw the cap on as tight as I can but often I can still push the tungsten in with my finger.
    I have tried a new gas lens, and a new collet, but it still is...
    See more | Go to post

• Yes, 16ga wire is a bit light to use as a ground. That is what I was using without knowing it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks for the suggestions and help guys. I greatly appreciate it.
    Now let me tell you what the problem was.......
    I am in my new (new to me) house and shop. There are many circuits in the shop with an assortment of GFI's watching over the outlets. There must be 4 or 5 in the garage/shop...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by piniongear; 04-22-2017, 09:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Thank you so much Aeronca41.
    The serial number is LA050893.
    I will open it up later this morning and see what I can find.
    I will also bypass the switch to see if it runs.

The pop was a loud single pop while I was welding and then the Coolmate was dead.
    Perry
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Coolmate 3 goes...... POP...!!! Any suggestions?

I just got moved in and was tig welding up some pipe when I hear this loud single POP behind me.
    The 'pop' was an electrical sound, and then I notice my Coolmate 3 is no longer running.
    Does anyone have a suggestion on what may have blown? What approach is recommended to find the problem?...
    See more | Go to post

• piniongear
    replied to I need a cutting solution.
    That is a mighty fine looking stand you have there. It looks like it makes the tool easy to roll around.
    Perry...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• piniongear
    The 1230LC saw base or blade does not rotate, but the fence does.
    When you need to cut long pieces with an angle cut on the end you set the saw down on the shop floor.
    Then you have a wooden block cut to the same size as the measured distance from the floor to the top of the saw base....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by piniongear; 03-12-2017, 07:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• piniongear
    I have a DeWalt abrasive chop saw and the deflection and grinding dust everywhere is what drove me to the cold cut saw.
    That saw is so much better that I cannot even compare the two.
    FYI: The fence is marked with degrees but I always use an adjustable triangle (drafting type) to set my degrees...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by piniongear; 03-12-2017, 04:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X