No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
302 results in 0.1354 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Since you are new to welding please heed the advice given several times above. Wear a respirator and weld in a ventilated area. Zinc fumes can be deadly. It's effects are additive and subtle. Not deterring you but just want you to be safe.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied to Miller Dynasty 200 ac dc
    Urge

There are a couple of used ones on ebay right now. I've noticed they all go for a pretty high price even used. I just received a new one last Friday night and tried it out over the weekend and it's very nice to say the least. I still have my Syncrowave 180SD but may sell it to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied to Thanks Andy
    Yea, I got Bob's shirt and I'm keeping it!

(jus kiddin)

Got my shirt last week. Really nice.
    Thanks again to Miller and Andy.

Tom...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied to Thanks Andy and Miller
    Thanks Miller

Got my shirt today! Very nice
    Thanks for the gift and note from Andy.

Happy to be a member here.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied to Cast Iron Repair
    Kinda looks like steel to me. Shiney bluish tint where it's clean ground. Maybe a forged steel or cast steel part. If it is iron and you have to pre and post heat make sure you isolate those rollers if they have bearings in them.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied to Tig Aluminum to Steel?
    I don't think welding or brazing a gear to the shaft is a good idea. That would make future repairs, like replacing the gear, a lot more difficult. I know people with welders tend to think of welding solutions to repair problems but this situation calls for a machining solution. A full length key...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied to Contamination problem
    Are you welding outside?
    Might try a gas lens setup and/or more gas flow.
    Don't use laquer thinner unless you really have an oily workpiece. Try acetone if you must degrease.
    If you have contaiminated the tungsten with base metal you should grind enough off the tip to remove all...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied to OT: New Toy
    Congrats George. Anyone whose has a house will find a dozen uses for it.
    I've had one about the same size for years. I bought an extra new 50ft hose assembly a few months back for $30.00 on Ebay. It was listed as a 3000 psi air hose. sweeeeet!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Never seen anything like that. Those belts are pretty tough. I'd make sure there are no hose clamp ends or metal brackets touching the belt before installing the new one.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied to Spectrum 375
    I don't think they make a drag tip for the 375. I've never seen one.
    Just do some practice on some scrap and it will get better. Concentrate on uniformity in cutting speed and keeping the torch flame perpendicular to the workpiece. For straight edges on plate I usually cheat by clamping...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied to 180sd problem
    uh....Miller?

You might call your local Miller rep and order through them. If still under warranty you could call Miller support first. They sent me a part before when mine was under warranty. They gave me the option to install it myself or take it in to a service center. I had the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied to Spectrum 375
    I have used a good wrap-around pair of sunglasses with UV protection and they work fine. About like a #5 lens.
    Now I use a full face shield with #5 tinted lens and UV protection. A little pricey but works great. It gives the added protection needed when piercing a starter hole.
    Of course,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied to dynasty 200dx broken?
    Why not take the unit to the shop and connect it to a known good bottle of gas and see? Seems like an easy way to eliminate the most likely cause of your problem. Then you'll know if you need to look further.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied to sd180 or sd200
    Extra features compared to the 180SD??

Higher amps, built in pulser, and built in 115V receptacle. Well worth the price difference. IMHO
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied to sd180 or sd200
    I own the 180SD with pc-300. I say buy the 200. If you don't like it....we can make a trade.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X