Collapse
15 results in 0.0049 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• TexAg
    replied to help name my new company
    looks like you picked a winner, Mark. Although, skidsteersteve had a really good one with A&M Welding....that's just a BEAUTIFUL name
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TexAg
    replied to Going out West?
    life out west

The rundown on Colorado and Wyoming is as follows: Rig welders are making a handsome amount right now in this area. If you carry your own liability insurance, you can bill yourself out for about $75-$120 an hour....more if you sign up guys to work under your insurance...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TexAg
    replied to Need New welder is mm251 too much?
    Whether or not the 251 is overkill probably all depends on what you need to do, or would like to be able to do in the future.

Some advantages of the 251 over the 175/180 series is that you will be able to weld steel up to 1/4" at 100% duty cycle...so you won't have to worry about...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TexAg
    replied to Millermatic 140
    MM140 AND MM180 prices

I can't help with spec sheets, but here's the pricing:

MM140 w/auto set feature: MSRP: $789.00 (machine only) or MSRP: $862 with cart

MM180 has a MSRP of $958.00 or $1020 with the cart

...negotiate well and only pay list...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TexAg
    replied to gas in aluminum casting
    I'm not sure I can exactly picture what you've described. But, it kind of sounds like you have described the discoloration from the heat affected zone. There are chemical tools to help clean that and reduce the coloration. It may also be helpful to slowly preheat your casting to get it up to temp...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TexAg
    replied to mig welding problems
    The solution could be as simple as changing the liner in the gun....they tend to get clogged up over time. It's possible to help reduce the buildup of material in the liner by using a lubricating pad that you mount at the drive roll assembly. You may also be able to help reduce material build up by...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have customers using MM135's and MM175's with wires from Hobart, Radnor, Lincoln, Esab, Blue Demon, Am. Filler, Washington Alloy and many more. Many have a preference on brand of filler, but all are able to produce quite nice welds (no matter who made the wire) with their little blue machines. ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• hey, leave your local Airgas guy alone, man...LOL

You can probably even get him to go lower $$ wise on the same spool in the Radnor brand....all it is is L56 packaged for Airgas by Lincoln.

Keep givin' 'em (me/us) ****....just no so bad they get in trouble
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Good catch, Sundown, on the # of taps between the 2 models. Regarding finding a 120V tap machine, your local supplier can certainly get you one....both manufacturers you're interested in can usually get the machine to the point of sale in about 3 days (without you having to pay for any freight charges)....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TexAg
    replied to OT....idle musings
    possibly. but if anyone ever starts asking how to weld/fab aluminum tubes, we may want to pass that one on to them!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• harcosparky is correct

Harcosparky is completely accurate about the regional product rollout. Miller does expect a full, national rollout to be complete by 12/21....just in time for the big day if you can find one. I don't expect to have the product in my region (Denver area) until...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• no worries

Resharpen as often as you can and clean off everything else with compressed air or a soft, brass scratch brush....you'll save $$$ by reusing as often as possible (I sell the stuff for a living, and believe me, the price of tungsten will not be coming down anytime soon). Also,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TexAg
    replied to Am I running enough electricity??
    more possibilities

You say your going back and forth between the FC and solid wires. Are you remembering to change the polarity each time you swap wire types? Not changing it will cause a dramatic decrease in penetration with solid wire.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TexAg
    replied to which brand filler metals?
    the brand rundown

MIG wires: Hobart (very economical and very consistent in quality). Go with HB28

TIG Wire: McKay for your stainless/AL, Avesta is darn good for Aluminum also

For the closed-arc wire you seek, I'd lean towards either Esab Core-Shield or Lincoln's...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TexAg
    replied to Lincoln/ Miller?
    times may be a' changin'

True, the gray machines are still the machine "of choice" for most pipeline projects. However, Miller's PipePro 304 is breaking down barriers in this field. Now there are specific drilling outfits/pipeline companies that won't allow blue machines on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X