179 results in 0.1082 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Ultrachop
    replied to Finally made the decision
    Finally made the decision

Great choice! I made the same exact choice about 4 years ago and shortly after I upgraded to a water- cooled torch and cooler for the shop work (either higher amperes or aluminum)
    After nearly 30 years of stick welding, fabricating with a gas axe and or...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Does anyone else in addition to Denny have photos of their Cold Cut Vise adaptors/hold-downs etc?

Thanks,

Tim
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Denny,

Been away for quite some time and I just ventured back to "learn some more"
    I purchased a Dewalt 14" DC saw about a year ago and I am not at all happy with the stock vice (for the reasons mentioned) Thanks for posting your mod. I will have to build a stronger...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ultrachop
    replied to MM 252 Tank Rack Size ?
    Straightshot,

I have the same machine and I purchased a 300series C25 tank and you will find that even that size goes pretty fast if you do much wire squirting! By the way, you will love that machine! I live quite away's away from the supplier so I have two tanks (one chained to the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ultrachop
    replied to Screwed myself up
    FusionKing,

My prayers are with you for quick healing! Take time to heal properly (I am still battling with an injury that I didn't properly rehab.

Tim
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ultrachop
    replied to Tigging aluminum
    #1,

I too had welded steel for over 40 years and just last Nov I decided in my retirement I wanted to learn to tig? (I used to weld a lot of OA on A/C fuselages so I thought it would be a short learning curve (LOL) Having read a lot of posts that all said that it was a lot of Practice,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ultrachop
    replied to Dynasty Processes-Set Up
    Great Thread!!

A newbie here (retired) or should I say just plain tired! I too have found "manual" reading and then doing very difficult, especially the hidden menus! This board has been a Godsend and I have had nothing but good service from Miller techs.. and the humble experts...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ultrachop
    replied to .120 Mild Steel Tubing Help
    Kevin,

This may sound stupid, it sounds like you and I are about the same age and like you I quite welding for a "lot" of years, took up Tig about 8 months ago and as well bought a new MM252 and darned if I didn't have a lot of the same frustration as what you describe? I got...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Jiganator,

I like your attitude! Keep up the practice and you will get lots of good help from this site! There are a lot of pro's here that are more than willing to help those that practice, practice practice!
    Your Bultaco broken fin reminded me of the good old days in the late...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ultrachop
    replied to "Memorial Day"
    Thanks be to ALL that gave the ultimate sacrifice for the preservation of freedom!!! A military personel, merchant mariners, and civilian service men and women around that globe DESERVE our praise, admiration and FULL HEARTED RESPECT!

If we are to survive as a Great Nation WE MUST...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nick,

Nice photos and great to see that you can "stop to smell the roses". Funny I get accused of being the gardener around my place as well!

I call it therapy, many are missing the opportunity.

Tim...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Followed this thread with "marginal" interest. (only because it is not new) I can relate to the OP interest in choosing machines-however-from his level of experience/or lack there of he should have potentially read the responses more carefully and then "perhaps" just gone and taken...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ultrachop
    replied to Help-1 code on new Dynasty
    I have had my Dynasty for six months now, and have never had the code 1 error? I did have an error once when I knocked the ground cable loose and tried adjustments that weren't enabled with the process I was attempting.

All's good so far with mine!

Tim
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ultrachop
    replied to WEird as h3ll TIG experience
    FK,Muskt,

Whew, that make three of us! Just before I read this, I just scewed up a critical AL weld (cause I forgot to turn the #$%# gas on!) Now if I can just remember where I left my coffee cup!!

Tim
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I noticed the welder right off! Hmm, shows a balance of trade, that is a good thing. I for one am often impressed with what the "citizens" of third world countries (emerging) can do with what "many" Americans would not even attempt (complaining that the "boss boss didn't provide...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X